Old 06-04-2004, 08:25 PM
Roger Ramjet

Default Nellie Stevens Holly problem

I noticed that all the Nellie Stevens hollies in my neck of the woods (South
Western Connecticut) including mine, leaves have turn brown during this past
winter. I don't remember this happening in past winters. We had a very cold
January. I don't think mine has died because some of the leaves (bottom) are
green, the stems are green and the plant produced berries. What gives? Will
it recover and how (will it drop the browned leaves and produce new ones or
will the brown leaves green up again).

PS
The company which did the IPM for my property sprayed this plant with
Wilt-Pruff in the fall to protect it from winter burn.

thxs

Old 06-04-2004, 08:44 PM
Mike LaMana

I know the area, and worked there for about 6 years...sounds like
winterburn. Not to worry, they ought to recover. May benefit fro light
fertilization. Pay special attention to newly planted plants.

--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC

t...