Old 26-04-2004, 01:03 AM
Darren Garrison

Default What the holy mother of hell is this?

Found it growing on a cedar tree. Is it some sort of insect egg case? Or a parasitic plant? Or an
advance scout for an alien invasion force?

I could get better pictures of it with my digital camera tommorrow, if necessary (these were from my
flatbed scanner).

http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/wthmohit1.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/wthmohit2.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/wthmohit3.jpg

Old 26-04-2004, 02:05 AM
Ann

Darren Garrison expounded:

Found it growing on a cedar tree. Is it some sort of insect egg case? Or a parasitic plant? Or an
advance scout for an alien invasion force?

I could get better pictures of it with my digital camera tommorrow, if necessary (these were from my
flatbed scanner).

http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/wthmohit1.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/wthmohit2.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/wthmohit3.jpg

Those are cedar apple rust fruits, it's a fungus that forms on cedars.
Very strange little things, aren't they??!?
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA
Old 26-04-2004, 03:03 AM
Salty Thumb

Ann wrote in
:

Darren Garrison expounded:

Found it growing on a cedar tree. Is it some sort of insect egg case?
Or a parasitic plant? Or an advance scout for an alien invasion
force?

I could get better pictures of it with my digital camera tommorrow, if
necessary (these were from my flatbed scanner).

http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/wthmohit1.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/wthmohit2.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/wthmohit3.jpg

Those are cedar apple rust fruits, it's a fungus that forms on cedars.
Very strange little things, aren't they??!?

pshaawww, don't let her fool you.

those are clearly the newly shed exoskeletons of the land dwelling octopus:
octopus squirrelbraineatingerensis

here is some more info on land dwelling octopi

http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus.html
Old 26-04-2004, 04:06 AM
paghat

In article , Ann
wrote:

Darren Garrison expounded:

Found it growing on a cedar tree. Is it some sort of insect egg case?

Or a parasitic plant? Or an
advance scout for an alien invasion force?

I could get better pictures of it with my digital camera tommorrow, if

necessary (these were from my
flatbed scanner).

http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/wthmohit1.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/wthmohit2.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/wthmohit3.jpg

Those are cedar apple rust fruits, it's a fungus that forms on cedars.
Very strange little things, aren't they??!?

I thought it was a Cthulhu turd.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Old 26-04-2004, 11:04 AM
Ann

Salty Thumb expounded:

Ann wrote in
:

Darren Garrison expounded:

Found it growing on a cedar tree. Is it some sort of insect egg case?
Or a parasitic plant? Or an advance scout for an alien invasion
force?

I could get better pictures of it with my digital camera tommorrow, if
necessary (these were from my flatbed scanner).

http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/wthmohit1.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/wthmohit2.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/wthmohit3.jpg

Those are cedar apple rust fruits, it's a fungus that forms on cedars.
Very strange little things, aren't they??!?

pshaawww, don't let her fool you.

those are clearly the newly shed exoskeletons of the land dwelling octopus:
octopus squirrelbraineatingerensis

here is some more info on land dwelling octopi

http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus.html

Well of course they are, how could I have been so dense? ;-

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

Old 26-04-2004, 04:10 PM
Callen Molenda

Ann wrote:

Darren Garrison expounded:

Found it growing on a cedar tree. Is it some sort of insect egg case? Or a parasitic plant? Or an
advance scout for an alien invasion force?

I could get better pictures of it with my digital camera tommorrow, if necessary (these were from my
flatbed scanner).

http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/wthmohit1.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/wthmohit2.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/wthmohit3.jpg

Those are cedar apple rust fruits, it's a fungus that forms on cedars.
Very strange little things, aren't they??!?

I want one! I could really scare the hell out of my husband with
that!!! ;-)

Callen in VA
Old 26-04-2004, 04:11 PM
rosie

thanks ann...............i cannot believe the things i learn in
here!

--
rosie
http://www.moveon.org/front/

"Ann" wrote in message
: Darren Garrison expounded:
:
: Found it growing on a cedar tree. Is it some sort of insect egg
case? Or a parasitic plant? Or an
: advance scout for an alien invasion force?
:
: I could get better pictures of it with my digital camera
tommorrow, if necessary (these were from my
: flatbed scanner).
:
: http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/wthmohit1.jpg
: http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/wthmohit2.jpg
: http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/wthmohit3.jpg
:
: Those are cedar apple rust fruits, it's a fungus that forms on
cedars.
: Very strange little things, aren't they??!?
: --
: Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
: Just south of Boston, MA
: ********************************

Old 26-04-2004, 04:12 PM
dps

Callen Molenda wrote:
...I want one! I could really scare the hell out of my husband with
that!!!

Marketing Opportunity!

Look for them on EBAY.

(watch for nationwide Cedar Rust epidemic later this year)
Old 26-04-2004, 06:02 PM
theoneflasehaddock

Subject: What the holy mother of hell is this?
From: Salty Thumb
Date: 4/25/2004 8:15 PM Central Daylight Time
Ann wrote in
:

Darren Garrison expounded:

Found it growing on a cedar tree. Is it some sort of insect egg case?
Or a parasitic plant? Or an advance scout for an alien invasion
force?

I could get better pictures of it with my digital camera tommorrow, if
necessary (these were from my flatbed scanner).

http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/wthmohit1.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/wthmohit2.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/wthmohit3.jpg

Those are cedar apple rust fruits, it's a fungus that forms on cedars.
Very strange little things, aren't they??!?

pshaawww, don't let her fool you.

those are clearly the newly shed exoskeletons of the land dwelling octopus:
octopus squirrelbraineatingerensis

here is some more info on land dwelling octopi

http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus.html

You should market those. The perfect solution to squirrels in the garden. You'd
make $millions.

-

theoneflasehaddock