Old 26-04-2004, 11:04 AM
me

Default Feeding clematis

Sorry if this has been asked a million times... How often are you
supposed to feed your clematis plants, and what would the best food
be. So far I have been using 5-9-8 'So-Green' vine & clematis food.

Thanks,
Luca
Old 30-04-2004, 01:03 AM
me

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 11:48:14 -0700, Julie wrote:

Pam - gardengal wrote:

Personally, I fertilize about now (I use an organic rose fertilizer)

I do the same thing. I fertilize my roses and clematis at the same time, in
spring and again in late summer, using rose fertilizer.

I googled for organic rose fertilizer and found mostly references to
various mixes of:

- bone meal
- blood meal
- composted manure (of different types)

Is there a commercial product that you can recommend?

Luca

Old 01-05-2004, 06:02 PM
me

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 23:52:24 GMT, "David J Bockman"
wrote:

Sticking my big nose in, I like Rosetone, by Espoma, very much.

Dave

Thanks for your suggestion, but it looks like Espoma products are just
not available in Canada (I live in the Vancouver area). Funny how a
company in 2004 can still happily overlook a ~30 million people
market, not even one hit on their website... I guess that the word
recession means nothing to the organic fertilizer industry. :-) Any
alternatives?

Luca
Old 01-05-2004, 07:02 PM
Phisherman

Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 17:15:36 GMT

wrote:

Sticking my big nose in, I like Rosetone, by Espoma, very much.

Dave

Thanks for your suggestion, but it looks like Espoma products are just
not available in Canada (I live in the Vancouver area). Funny how a
company in 2004 can still happily overlook a ~30 million people
market, not even one hit on their website... I guess that the word
recession means nothing to the organic fertilizer industry. :-) Any
alternatives?

Luca

I wasn't sure what to feed my clematis. Last year I just mulched it
with compost. Last weekend I gave it some fish emulsion.

Old 01-05-2004, 11:04 PM
Ann

me me@home expounded:

Thanks for your suggestion, but it looks like Espoma products are just
not available in Canada (I live in the Vancouver area). Funny how a
company in 2004 can still happily overlook a ~30 million people
market, not even one hit on their website... I guess that the word
recession means nothing to the organic fertilizer industry. :-) Any
alternatives?

I'm on the Espoma home page right now, http://www.espoma.com , and it
says it's generally available in the eastern US. I didn't know that,
I thought it had a wider distribution. Too bad, it's great stuff!

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA
Old 02-05-2004, 02:03 AM
Ann

"David J Bockman" expounded:

Sticking my big nose in, I like Rosetone, by Espoma, very much.

Here's an obnoxious 'me too' post for Espoma products.
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA