Old 28-04-2004, 04:03 PM
Guy Bradley

Default help identifying flowering plant corrected

Dear rec.gardens group,

I've corrected the url for the picture. Sorry about the mispelling.

I need help identifying a flowering plant. The plant originally grew
in my mother's yard in West Virginia in a shady location. When she
moved here to Missouri, she asked me to bring the plant, so I dug it
up and transplanted it in my yard in a shady location.

The plant has glossy green simple leaves and flowers in white in the
spring - in fact, it's in bloom right now. The flowers have five
petals and form an
umbel of about 16 flowers. These umbels issue from the axils of the
leaves. The flowers are fairly small, perhaps 1/2" across and the
leaves are about 3" long and 1" wide. The plant so far has grown
about
2' tall but my mother claims it has a vining habit. No sign of that
as
yet.

I have posted a picture, whose URL is below. The picture is quite
large, so if at first you don't see the plant scroll down and to the
right. I'm not knowledgable enough about binary files to do better,
sorry. Actually, the picture was taken last year.

http://myweb.accessus.net/~gmb_mo_99...7s%20plant.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help.

Guy Bradley
Chesterfield MO