Old 09-05-2004, 03:04 AM
B. Rhodes

Default bulb question

I bought a bunch of bulbs last fall/early winter and unfortunately I ran out
of time to plant them before the weather got cold.

I found the bag of bulbs last week in my garage and many of them have began
to sprout inside the bag. Should I plant these, or just throw them out? Will
they bloom this year, next year, or never?

Thanks
Brad

Old 09-05-2004, 04:02 AM
junkyardcat

Hi Brad,

When I buy bags of bulbs from Wal-Mart, I always look for the ones that are
already sprouting in the bag. I have planted several like that early this
Spring, and I am getting beautiful flowers from them already...so I would
suggest you go ahead and plant them in the ground now and see what happens

Angie

Old 09-05-2004, 09:02 AM
David Hill

"........ I found the bag of bulbs last week in my garage and many of them
have began to sprout inside the bag. Should I plant these, or just throw
them out? Will they bloom this year, next year, or never? ............."

Plant...what have you to loose.
I found a bag of Gladioli outside a couple of weeks ago left from last
spring, some were starting to shoot, so planted the lot(Around 70 corms),
yesterday around 30 were already showing shoots above ground.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 09-05-2004, 09:02 PM
Michelle

plant them they wil make it fine as long as they get foliage they
will charge for next year I did so with some dafidills and tulips and
they bloomed on slightly shorter stalks and they still look great this
year no trouble they all came up with the exception of one or two they
wil just look like they bloomed late and might be a little runted or
stubby and don't prune or rubber band the foliage and be sure not to
let the stalks go to see dcut the flower as soon as it is spent. that
way they can conserve energy to be lovely next year.
good luck

Old 23-05-2004, 07:08 AM
Misstiblu

On Sat, 8 May 2004 21:06:41 -0500, "junkyardcat"
wrote:

Hi Brad,

When I buy bags of bulbs from Wal-Mart, I always look for the ones that are
already sprouting in the bag. I have planted several like that early this
Spring, and I am getting beautiful flowers from them already...so I would
suggest you go ahead and plant them in the ground now and see what happens

Angie

Have to wait until AFTER the last frost for those too don't ya?

( I am soooo confused.....)

Misstiblu

Old 23-05-2004, 01:02 PM
Frogleg

wrote:

When I buy bags of bulbs from Wal-Mart, I always look for the ones that are
already sprouting in the bag. I have planted several like that early this
Spring, and I am getting beautiful flowers from them already...so I would
suggest you go ahead and plant them in the ground now and see what happens

Have to wait until AFTER the last frost for those too don't ya?

( I am soooo confused.....)

I am also confused. What was the question?