Old 16-05-2004, 07:02 PM
Craig

Default question on re-seeding lawn

I have some patches on my lawn to re-seed. They turned from green to white,
and the grass is dead.

How much of that dead white grass do I need to remove? Can I loosen up the
dirt, drop seed, top soil, and starter fertilizer or do I need to dig into
all the dead grass and remove it ?

My grass is fescue (Marathon) and I live in the foothills of Los Angeles.

Thanks.

Old 17-05-2004, 10:02 AM
Jan Flora

In article ,
"Craig" wrote:

I have some patches on my lawn to re-seed. They turned from green to white,
and the grass is dead.

How much of that dead white grass do I need to remove? Can I loosen up the
dirt, drop seed, top soil, and starter fertilizer or do I need to dig into
all the dead grass and remove it ?

My grass is fescue (Marathon) and I live in the foothills of Los Angeles.

Thanks.

You need to move. LA is un-inhabitable. (Sorry, had to throw that in. I'm
a native San Franciscan. Air that you can *see* makes my eyes burn.)

To reseed: rake the dead stuff up; toss some seed out; sprinkle a tiny
bit of fertilizer, if you want to; water it in. Keep sprinkling it with
water when it needs it. It'll grow.

Growing a lawn in LA, on water that has to come from the Colorado River
is probably not a politically-correct notion these days. You guys are
taking so much water that the Rio Grande is a mud ditch now. Why don't
you grow native plants, instead of lawn?

Are you sorry you asked yet? *smile*

Jan, in Alaska these days

[IMG] code is On

Re-seeding my lawn: no visible growth after 16 days! Keith Brown United Kingdom 6 08-04-2009 10:50 PM
lawn seeding? Ni North Carolina 1 03-11-2003 08:33 PM
Lawn Seeding Thrill Gardening 1 05-10-2003 04:32 PM
Seeding lawn v turf - what type Geoff Australia 5 05-04-2003 06:35 AM
Seeding a lawn Dan United Kingdom 2 31-03-2003 08:56 AM