Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-05-2004, 03:06 PM
Jenny

Default Ailing Chinoides Rhodo

We planted two of these 2 1/2 weeks ago. One now has curling leaves, some
misshapen and was full of tiny spiders and inchworms.

The lady from the "Master Gardener" program told me they need more water.

The nursery that grows them and sold them to me told me they were over
watered.

These rhodos are foundation plantings planted in a mixture of humus/manure,
peat, and topsoil. The ground drains well around them. We've had a very wet
year in MA in general, so the ground has been damp, but it hasn't rained
much the past couple weeks.

I gave the wilting plant a spraying with insecticidal soap

Do I water or not water?????

-- Jenny - Low Carbing for 4 years. At goal for weight. Type 2 diabetes,
hba1c 5.4.
Cut the carbs to respond to my email address!

Low carb facts and figures, my weight-loss photos, tips, recipes,
strategies for dealing with diabetes and more at
http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/

Looking for help controlling your blood sugar?
Visit http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org/...0Diagnosed.htm

[IMG] code is On

beech hedge and rhodo ponticum SusieThompson United Kingdom 6 21-12-2011 08:05 PM
Rhodo question Stephen M. Henning Gardening 0 07-09-2004 05:50 PM
Rhodo no-go IanW United Kingdom 2 23-04-2004 07:12 PM
Brown Spot(s) on Rhodo. Twobtold Gardening 5 19-04-2004 04:02 AM
Prune PJM Rhodo Shrek Gardening 2 21-05-2003 01:56 AM