Old 19-05-2004, 02:09 PM
Jane

Default Bishop's Weed

I'm trying to get rid of a large (and getting larger) patch of Bishop's Weed
along the back of my perennial bed. I've tried using Roundup but haven't had
much success. I guess at this point I'm thinking of digging it out as it
pops it's nasty little head through the earth and then camping out next
summer with a gallon of Roundup. It's a shame...I really love the flower but
it's worn out it's welcome.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of this stuff...without killing
everything else!

Old 20-05-2004, 03:03 AM
Starlord

Your doing it. Roundup has no effect.

--
Dragons Must Fly when Thread's in the Sky

www.starlords.org

"Jane" wrote in message
I'm trying to get rid of a large (and getting larger) patch of

Bishop's Weed
along the back of my perennial bed. I've tried using Roundup but

haven't had
much success. I guess at this point I'm thinking of digging it out

as it
pops it's nasty little head through the earth and then camping out

next
summer with a gallon of Roundup. It's a shame...I really love the

flower but
it's worn out it's welcome.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of this stuff...without

killing
everything else!

---

Old 20-05-2004, 03:03 PM
Jane

Well...the manual method works...to some extent! I spent 3 hours yesterday
digging it all out of the perennial beds. It had even come up in the middle
of my verbena! Nasty stuff! I'm just going to have to be vigilant this
summer and chop it's little head off every time I see a leaf!

Today it's onto digging in a 3.8 bale of peat moss and about 400 lbs of
compost...oh my aching back! I'll be looking for the Advil tonight!

It's a beautiful day here in Western NY...cool and sunny!! Perfect!

"Starlord" wrote in message
news Your doing it. Roundup has no effect.