Old 22-05-2004, 06:03 AM
Miki

Default Mango

Hi I have bought the house last year and have two mango trees in the
backyard almost 5 meters high and the trunk cca 250 mm thick. Last season I
got only a few mangos which were up to 120 mm long with dark spots.Good to
eat with a ugly looking skinAt the momment it's flowering again.
A Neighbour told me that he doesnt remember when the trees were pruned and
how old is it.
My question:
-When should I prune the mango tree (Downunder-Gold Coast)
_How to do it (where can I see or read ...)
-Any suggestions from you experience guys?

Thanks
Miki

Old 22-05-2004, 05:02 PM
Elizabeth

"Miki" wrote in message
Hi I have bought the house last year and have two mango trees in

the
backyard almost 5 meters high and the trunk cca 250 mm thick.

Last season I
got only a few mangos which were up to 120 mm long with dark

spots.Good to
eat with a ugly looking skinAt the momment it's flowering again.
A Neighbour told me that he doesnt remember when the trees were

pruned and
how old is it.
My question:
-When should I prune the mango tree (Downunder-Gold Coast)
_How to do it (where can I see or read ...)
-Any suggestions from you experience guys?

Thanks
Miki

Mangoes don't require annual pruning. You can prune for size in
late winter or early spring if you need to. If your tree is an
alternate bearer, that can be improved by removing some of the
flower clusters and/or fruit in the heavy years. The spots are
probably anthracnose, especially if the leaves are also affected.
I don't bother to treat it unless it gets really bad, in which
case the humidity may be a factor.

--
elizabeth, Baton Rouge, LA
http://community.webshots.com/user/elott63

[IMG] code is On

mango from seeds ??????? Kate ...... Edible Gardening 5 30-07-2004 01:59 AM
Growing mango tree ........ Kate ...... Gardening 0 15-08-2003 10:22 AM
Mango @ttilla the pun United Kingdom 6 09-05-2003 10:32 PM
[IBC] mango Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 4 01-04-2003 03:56 AM
mango RiNg MaStEr Bonsai 0 27-03-2003 06:20 AM