Old 26-05-2004, 11:03 PM
chaz

Default Lemons?

What kind of lemons is it I generally see in the supermarket? What about
limes?

Old 27-05-2004, 03:02 AM
David Ross

chaz wrote:

What kind of lemons is it I generally see in the supermarket? What about
limes?

The main commercial lemon is the Eureka. Few other varieties are
ever seen.

Two or three different varieties of lime are common.

If you live in a climite where citrus is often planted, a good
nursery should have information comparing the different varieties
of each kind of citrus.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean
Old 27-05-2004, 03:04 PM
Frogleg

On Wed, 26 May 2004 17:19:45 -0400, "chaz" wrote:

What kind of lemons is it I generally see in the supermarket? What about
limes?

I see someone has posted lemons.

" There are essentially two species of limes in common use. The
large-fruited Tahitian type is known as the Bearss lime in California
and the Persian lime in Florida. The smaller Mexican, or bartender's
lime, is widely known as the Key lime of Florida."