Old 06-07-2003, 08:20 PM
Bernard Golden

Default Something's eating my lemons!

We have a beautiful dwarf lemon tree which is a rich source of lemons.
However, I am finding lemons which something has eaten the entire skin
whilst the lemon is still on the tree, so all that is left is the pulp,
which is still in perfect condition. I have noticed what looks like ants
crawling along the trunk and branches.

Is anyone familiar with this and give me some insight as to what I should
do?

Many thanks.

Bernard Golden

Old 07-07-2003, 04:44 AM
dstvns

On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 18:55:22 GMT, "Bernard Golden"
wrote:

We have a beautiful dwarf lemon tree which is a rich source of lemons.
However, I am finding lemons which something has eaten the entire skin
whilst the lemon is still on the tree, so all that is left is the pulp,
which is still in perfect condition. I have noticed what looks like ants
crawling along the trunk and branches.

Dwarf citrus are a magnet for pests, all of which make the citrus look
unhealthy and fail to produce fruit. Use insecticidal soap for pests,
and a 50/50 sugar/borax mix piled nearby for ants.

Dan