Old 09-06-2004, 05:02 PM
Mike LaMana

Default Lilac/Dogwood spacing question...

Bear in mind that the Lilac will get tall, but the Cornus will stay squat -
more or less. Perhaps plant with the mind to train into a 2-tiered array??

--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC

"Fred" wrote in message

I'd like to do a Common Lilac/Red Twig Dogwood hedge.... what
sort of spacing should I use? I'd like a full screen during the
summer. (actually got a bunch of the schrubs VERY cheap locally)
Thanks!!!

Old 09-06-2004, 06:02 PM
rosie read and post

i have been seeing what looks like lilac bushes around
town..............are these just trees that have been trimmed to
stay small?

--
rosie

..........while reagan rarely missed an
opportunity to invoke America's greatness, bush rarely misses a
chance to
scare and divide us.
................................a.huffington

"Mike LaMana" fake@MikeatHeartwoodConsultingdotnet wrote in
message ...
: Bear in mind that the Lilac will get tall, but the Cornus will
stay squat -
: more or less. Perhaps plant with the mind to train into a 2-tiered
array??
:
: --
: Mike LaMana, MS
: Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC
: Toms River, NJ
: www.HeartwoodConsulting.net
:
:
:
: "Fred" wrote in message
: ...
:

Old 10-06-2004, 12:02 AM
Marley1372

Depending on what variety of dogwood, the lilacs may eventually swallow them up
as they grow bigger. I would highly reccommend you plant the lilacs in a row
and then continue the dogwoods after you run out of lilacs. Space the lilacs
at least 5 or 6 feet apart for better air circulation, and the dogwoods about 4
or 5 feet apart. Consider the idea mentioned above, alternating them in the
hedge will look obsurd.

Toad

[IMG] code is On

Bambusa Lako spacing Rick DeBay Bamboo 5 01-02-2006 10:17 PM
Dogwood Slime - Medium - Dogwood Slime - Med.JPG [01/27] Dogwood Slime - Medium - Dogwood Slime Salty Thumb Gardening 0 15-04-2004 02:32 AM
Dogwood Slime - Medium - Dogwood Slime - Med.JPG [01/27] Dogwood Slime - Medium - Dogwood Slime Janice Gardening 0 15-04-2004 01:02 AM
Dogwood Slime - Medium - Dogwood Slime - Med.JPG [01/27] Dogwood Slime - Medium - Dogwood Slime Lynne Gardening 0 14-04-2004 04:32 PM
Spacing of Perennials Jack United Kingdom 2 02-03-2003 05:00 PM