Old 10-06-2004, 03:03 AM
Cereus-validus

Default Spider Plant (never has runners)

Do I need to repeat this statement every time because none of you are paying
attention? Are your powers of observation really that bad?

Chlorophytum comosum (the so-called "Spider Plant") never produces runners.
The plantlets are on the flower stems.

" wrote in message
Phisherman in news:hak4c0pqqeu9lhu0rbmj4iv3slh374e0cl@
4ax.com:

On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 21:55:52 GMT, Jitty
wrote:

I have been growing my spider plant for the past year and it has done
great... My only problem is is that it will not seem to produce babies.
does anyone have any suggestions/ideas that might help?

They produce runners when pot bound. Have patience.

"They produce runners when ..." no matter how you try to stop them :-)

Old 10-06-2004, 01:04 PM
Frogleg

wrote:

I have been growing my spider plant for the past year and it has done
great... My only problem is is that it will not seem to produce babies.
does anyone have any suggestions/ideas that might help?

They produce runners when pot bound. Have patience.

Do I need to repeat this statement every time because none of you are paying
attention? Are your powers of observation really that bad?

Chlorophytum comosum (the so-called "Spider Plant") never produces runners.
The plantlets are on the flower stems.

And the spring display of Dogwoods isn't the "flowers." but if
incorrect terminology becomes the accepted one, there's little point
in saying "my Dogwood bracts were lovely this year." If the OP had
written "...my spider plant doesn't produce flowers...," there'd have
been a long thread of "what do you mean by flowers? MY spider plant
just has little flowers along the runners/stems where the
babies/plantlets form."