Old 14-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Flake

Default Yellow Banana Peppers

Hello:

This year I had gotten a yellow banana pepper plant, which I never had
planted before, and was wondering when aer they ripe enough to pick.
Currently they are a greenish-yellow (more yellow then green though)
and quite long. Is there an appropriate look or length to know when
ready?

Thanks for any advice.

Robert
Old 15-06-2004, 02:02 AM
Steve Wolfe

This year I had gotten a yellow banana pepper plant, which I never had
planted before, and was wondering when aer they ripe enough to pick.
Currently they are a greenish-yellow (more yellow then green though)
and quite long. Is there an appropriate look or length to know when
ready?

When they pull *easily* off of the plant, they're ready.

steve

Old 15-06-2004, 03:03 AM
B & J

"Flake" wrote in message
om...
Hello:

This year I had gotten a yellow banana pepper plant, which I never had
planted before, and was wondering when aer they ripe enough to pick.
Currently they are a greenish-yellow (more yellow then green though)
and quite long. Is there an appropriate look or length to know when
ready?

Robert

Wait until they become firm and don't give easily when squeezed. After that
they can remain on the plant for quite a long time and even turn red before
being picked. Keeping the peppers picked as soon as they are usable while
still greenish-yellow will encourage higher production.

Peppers don't pick easily even when ready to use. I take along clippers to
cut the stems when harvesting. Otherwise it's pretty easy to break the plant
stem when picking.

John

[IMG] code is On

Banana peppers turning red Edible Gardening 3 04-09-2005 09:45 AM
Picking crunchy banana peppers? Chris Smolinski Edible Gardening 1 03-08-2005 07:31 PM
When to harvest banana peppers? Lawns 4 23-07-2005 02:39 PM
Banana Peppers Edible Gardening 0 22-07-2005 02:35 AM
Help! Too many hot banana peppers! Bpyboy Edible Gardening 4 27-07-2003 12:22 AM