Old 26-06-2004, 01:03 AM
Jan

Default leaf miner on columbine!!!

Anybody had any good results with anything specific? Just thought I would
ask before I went looking for something. Thanks. Jan H.

Old 26-06-2004, 02:02 AM
SugarChile

I just ignore it, or if it's really bad, cut the plant back and let it throw
up new foliage. It doesn't seem to hurt the plant greatly to have some
miner damage.

The miners are inside the leaves, so as I understand it, surface
applications of pesticides are not really effective, you would need a
systemic. More trouble and peril than its worth for me!

Cheers,
Sue

--

Zone 6, South-central PA

Old 28-06-2004, 03:03 AM
Ann

"SugarChile" expounded:

I just ignore it, or if it's really bad, cut the plant back and let it throw
up new foliage. It doesn't seem to hurt the plant greatly to have some
miner damage.

The miners are inside the leaves, so as I understand it, surface
applications of pesticides are not really effective, you would need a
systemic. More trouble and peril than its worth for me!

Yep, I ignore it, too, and the columbines seem to survive just fine, a
bit unsightly, but it's not worth trying too hard to get rid of them.
If you catch them early you can remove the individual leaves, but it's
hard to keep ahead of them.

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

[IMG] code is On

Golden-spurred Columbine - columbine.JPG (1/1) Amos Nomore Garden Photos 10 14-06-2007 11:47 PM
Spinach Leaf Miner Jan United Kingdom 0 06-02-2004 04:55 PM
Spinach Leaf Miner Jan United Kingdom 0 06-02-2004 04:38 PM
Leaf Miner Serendipity United Kingdom 4 14-03-2003 08:53 AM
Leaf Miner. Serendipity United Kingdom 0 24-02-2003 07:23 PM