Old 27-06-2004, 07:11 PM
Perry Templeton

Default Blue shrimp plants

I am south of New Orleans. Is that zone 9 or 10? I bought some blue shrimp
plant seeds. I haven't had a chance to plant them and get them going yet.
Is it too late? I am not necessarily concerned about them blooming this
year, but just getting established. Should I just hang on to the seeds and
wait until next spring?
Perry

Old 27-06-2004, 07:13 PM
chaz

"Perry Templeton" wrote in message
I am south of New Orleans. Is that zone 9 or 10? I bought some blue

shrimp
plant seeds. I haven't had a chance to plant them and get them going yet.
Is it too late? I am not necessarily concerned about them blooming this
year, but just getting established. Should I just hang on to the seeds

and
wait until next spring?
Perry

I would think you would have pleanty of time to get them up and running.
Where did you get your seeds? I bought some off of ebay and NOTHING came up.

chaz

Old 27-06-2004, 10:02 PM
Charles

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 17:09:09 GMT, "chaz" wrote:

"Perry Templeton" wrote in message
I am south of New Orleans. Is that zone 9 or 10? I bought some blue

shrimp
plant seeds. I haven't had a chance to plant them and get them going yet.
Is it too late? I am not necessarily concerned about them blooming this
year, but just getting established. Should I just hang on to the seeds

and
wait until next spring?
Perry

I would think you would have pleanty of time to get them up and running.
Where did you get your seeds? I bought some off of ebay and NOTHING came up.

chaz

Whatcom seed company lists them for sale: They can be found at:

http://seedrack.com/

the plant listed is:
Cerinthe major purpurescens

I have no knowledge of the plant or the company, just remembered
running on to it on the web recently.

--

- Charles
-
Old 27-06-2004, 10:04 PM
Cereus-validus

What in the freak are you calling a "blue shrimp plant"?

Is this it?

http://plantsdatabase.com/go/216/

If you steam them, do they turn red?

Old 28-06-2004, 04:02 AM
Perry Templeton

"If you steam them, do they turn red?"

First, you make a roux.
Perry
I'll look at my pack and see how it is labeled...

Old 29-06-2004, 05:03 PM
Zemedelec

"If you steam them, do they turn red?"

First, you make a roux.
Perry

You made my morning!

Leslie in New Orleans
zemedelec
Old 29-06-2004, 08:03 PM
Perry Templeton

I'm in Houma, about 45 minutes southwest of New Orleans.
Perry