Old 06-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Tony Pacc

Default Unwanted grass

My lawn is Kentucky blue grass ,but I have fairly large areas of some kind
of grass that's lighter in color ,its a finer blade and it kind of lies down
instead of being upright,I have tried overseeding the last couple of years
but it doesn't help,the areas seem to get larger every year.I think my only
solution is to use a product like Roundup and reseed ,any suggestions, I
live in Wisconsin,Thanks

Old 06-07-2004, 05:02 PM
Kewpie

"Tony Pacc" wrote in message
My lawn is Kentucky blue grass ,but I have fairly large areas of some kind
of grass that's lighter in color ,its a finer blade and it kind of lies

down
instead of being upright,I have tried overseeding the last couple of years
but it doesn't help,the areas seem to get larger every year.I think my

only
solution is to use a product like Roundup and reseed ,any suggestions, I
live in Wisconsin,Thanks

Sounds like you have an infestation of common bermudagrass, sometimes known
as wiregrass. Many people do not think bermudagrass will survive in
northern climes, but some varieties do quite well, thank you.