Old 07-07-2004, 06:02 PM
chaz

Default greenhouse city?

Has anyone had experience with any of these free standing greenhouses?

http://www.greenhousecityusa.com/

Old 07-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Bobby Baxter

I do not recommend a free standing greenhouse.

We had a 60 mph wind gust come along one afternoon and it shifted our glass
greenhouse 6 inches. It also blew out about 10 panels completely. If it
were not for the raingutter catching the panels we would have lost every
panel on one side of the roof. We immediately sold the greenhouse and we
are replacing it with a Turner Greenhouse on a real foundation.

http://happymoosegardens.com/stuff/greenhouse.htm
Here is the glass greenhouse that we got rid of after the wind blew.

Bobby Baxter
Happy Moose Gardens
http://happymoosegardens.com

Old 09-07-2004, 06:02 AM
peter_may_day

I would have to agree with Bobby, A New England Thunder Storm would have
this one for breakfast: http://www.greenhousecityusa.com/megabloomer.html

I have seen it with my own eyes, a gust of wind comes along, and woosh away
goes your greenhouse, somewhere over the rainbow, the onlyone who knows
where it went, is Glenda, the good witch of the west.

--
peter_may_day

To email me, remove underwear, and insert, my name

Directory of unlisted phone numbers