Old 30-07-2004, 12:12 PM
Allview

Default Has anyone tried rain water harvesting?

Is rain water harvesting anything that could be considered in Ohio? Is there
too much rain on a regular basis for that to work? I have a long wide black
top driveway and under it is a drain to the street that needs to be replaced.
Estimates run over $4000 and it burns me up that I need to pay that much to get
rid of water run off.

I'm trying to get someone at Ohio State to call me and tell me about it. I've
googled it and see how it is used where rain water is too valuable to lose.

Marilyn
Old 30-07-2004, 09:39 PM
Herb

"Allview" wrote
Is rain water harvesting anything that could be considered in Ohio? Is

there
too much rain on a regular basis for that to work? I have a long wide

black
top driveway and under it is a drain to the street that needs to be

replaced.
Estimates run over $4000 and it burns me up that I need to pay that much

to get
rid of water run off.

I'm trying to get someone at Ohio State to call me and tell me about it.

I've
googled it and see how it is used where rain water is too valuable to

lose.

Marilyn

It is done in Ohio. All growers zoned as agriculture have ponds, either
natural or man made from which they pump for irrigation. Some do pump from
a river, but the laws restrict the amount they can pump out.

You could do the same if you have the room or need for a pond.

Old 31-07-2004, 12:55 AM
Allview

The man who came today to give me a drain estimate suggested a cistern and he's
going to find out about it for me.

Marilyn