Old 23-08-2004, 07:28 PM
MrsBeerSheep

Default Two mystery plants (these should be easy) zone 4

http://makeashorterlink.com/?A23221E19

I'm in zone 4 and these guys are coming back every year at my new
house. i love them both, but one is getting out of control and i don't
know how to prune it. the other one (the first one) is so pretty, but
i know nothing about it and it might need a nicer location than its
current home by the garage.

thanks!
Old 23-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 8/23/04 2:28 PM, in article
, "MrsBeerSheep"
wrote:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?A23221E19

I'm in zone 4 and these guys are coming back every year at my new
house. i love them both, but one is getting out of control and i don't
know how to prune it. the other one (the first one) is so pretty, but
i know nothing about it and it might need a nicer location than its
current home by the garage.

thanks!

Number 1 looks to be a false blue indigo or Baptisia

Number 2 - not enough detail for me, but maybe a dogwood?

Cheryl

Old 24-08-2004, 06:24 AM
Alan Grossberg

The second one (after saving the pic and enlarging it) looks like a
variegated red twig dogwood.

Old 25-08-2004, 05:39 PM
GrampysGurl

Number 1 looks to be a false blue indigo or Baptisia

Number 2 - not enough detail for me, but maybe a dogwood?

Cheryl

those were my thoughts too though I am no expert ) I am looking for the
Baptisia myself, I had it in my old garden and liked it.
Colleen
Zone 5 CT
Old 25-08-2004, 07:55 PM
MrsBeerSheep

thank you so much! i think i remember hearing those names for these
guys before and now i'm sure.

and thanks for the advice on the baptisia. i'll just move the garage.

--sari
Old 26-08-2004, 11:59 AM
Pat Kiewicz

MrsBeerSheep said:

thank you so much! i think i remember hearing those names for these
guys before and now i'm sure.

and thanks for the advice on the baptisia. i'll just move the garage.

My neighbor moved his!

Year #2 for my Baptista. Here's hoping year #3 will bring some flowers...

(attributed to Don Marti)