Old 27-08-2004, 08:26 PM
James Watt

Default Stubborn Hollyhock

I am growing a Hollyhock in my garden that produces huge leaves, but not
much else. Based on the rate at which it is growing it seems to be healthy,
but it appears to be content producing only leaves and resisting blooming.
I would appreciate any ideas that would help my plant bloom. Thanks!

James

Old 27-08-2004, 08:44 PM
Vox Humana

"James Watt" wrote in message
I am growing a Hollyhock in my garden that produces huge leaves, but not
much else. Based on the rate at which it is growing it seems to be

healthy,
but it appears to be content producing only leaves and resisting blooming.
I would appreciate any ideas that would help my plant bloom. Thanks!

Hollyhocks are biennials or short-lived perennials. They don't bloom the
first year. If they are more than one year old (365 days) then they may not
have enough sun or you may have use a fertilizer too high in nitrogen.

Old 28-08-2004, 04:50 PM
starlord

As they can be bi-annuals, I've seen that happen and them not bloom until
the 2nd year of growth.

--

"And for the second time in four million years, the monolith awoke."
Arthur C.Clarke 2062dyssey three

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.netfirms.com/

"James Watt" wrote in message
I am growing a Hollyhock in my garden that produces huge leaves, but not
much else. Based on the rate at which it is growing it seems to be

healthy,
but it appears to be content producing only leaves and resisting blooming.
I would appreciate any ideas that would help my plant bloom. Thanks!

James

---

Old 28-08-2004, 07:11 PM
James Watt

Thanks! I just planted it this year so I will wait until nex year to see
how it does. With as much growth as it has had it seems to be happy, but I
just couldn't understand why it wouldn't bloom.

James

[IMG] code is On

Stubborn pH that won't go down scs0 Ponds 28 28-04-2005 09:55 PM
Hollyhock Transplanting KJFK Gardening 3 27-06-2004 01:02 AM
Very tall hollyhock stuart noble United Kingdom 5 10-08-2003 11:13 AM
Very tall hollyhock stuart noble United Kingdom 0 04-08-2003 09:12 AM
Hollyhock`s Kate Morgan United Kingdom 3 29-06-2003 11:56 AM