Old 03-09-2004, 07:27 PM
Kandi

Default Willow Woes

My neighbor has 2 beautiful willow trees that provide shade in my
yard, and a source of visual enjoyment. Recently she has started
cutting one of them down and plans to level both of them due to an
enormous amount of tiny (2-5cm) red bugs, 6 legged, red bodied, with 2
little yellowish points on its back end. I mean tons of then, all
over every branch. These little guys seem harmless, although messy as
they spew a reddish color when flattened, and the tree is raining
sticky sap as well. They dont fly, or bite. But the amount is
overwhelming to her. I don't mind sweeping them off my deck, but I am
so sad that these trees will no longer be a part of our backyard. Is
there anything we can do? Can I tell her this will pass with the
season, will the bugs return? or leave? Is her cutting down the
trees the best solution?
Thanks for your time, and patience in my less than knowledgeable state
on these things.

[IMG] code is On

Webb Starting woes Bevilready Lawns 3 01-04-2009 09:40 AM
Wildflower woes. Whit Texas 9 05-04-2003 11:09 AM
new product(?)electric fencing for raccoon woes K30a Ponds 3 24-02-2003 11:10 PM
new product(?)electric fencing for raccoon woes K30a Ponds 2 24-02-2003 10:29 PM
Algae woes Stuart Mueller Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 09-02-2003 01:53 PM