Old 04-09-2004, 02:16 AM
sams

Default Power aerator (plug type) recomendation pls.

Hi,

I have not aerated my lawn for the last 3+ years. Iam planning to
aerate a portion of the lawn thats subjected to heavy foot traffic and
the grass has thin out. From different threads here I understand the
plug type aerator is bettter. Do anyone have a recomendation for a
power aerator (plug type)? I like to rent it for a day.

Appreciate any help

Sam
Old 04-09-2004, 03:47 AM
Warren

sams wrote:
I have not aerated my lawn for the last 3+ years. Iam planning to
aerate a portion of the lawn thats subjected to heavy foot traffic and
the grass has thin out. From different threads here I understand the
plug type aerator is bettter. Do anyone have a recomendation for a
power aerator (plug type)? I like to rent it for a day.

Well, your rental company probably won't be giving you much of a choice.
If they have different makes or models its more likely that it's because
they bought them at different times, not that they were planning on
marketing them as different choices. And since you're just renting, you
don't need to worry about reliability, maintenance needs, etc.

If you do have a choice, a heavier machine is less likely to bounce off
of packed soil, but a lighter machine would be easier to maneuver.

We're not talking about small a machine. If you've never seen a core
aerator before, it's a fairly large machine. It's hard to come up with a
good reference to it's typical size. It's about the size of a built-in
dishwasher. It will weigh about the same without the removable weights.
At least two people will be needed to lift it if you don't have a
roll-on trailer. Don't even try to lift it with the weights in.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: Books for your Northwest garden:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/nwgarden/index.html

[IMG] code is On

Powerful Plug Aerator for Hard Packed Soil? John Teller Texas 3 26-02-2004 01:52 PM
Powerful Plug Aerator for Hard Packed Soil? escapee Texas 3 24-02-2004 04:42 PM
Recommendations for plug aerator? [email protected] Lawns 0 14-05-2003 12:44 PM
aerator- plug vs. disc Kelly Lawns 1 05-05-2003 10:56 PM
aerator- plug vs. disc Kelly Lawns 1 29-09-2002 08:20 AM