Old 07-09-2004, 10:47 PM
OldProf

Default Problem with my worms (vermiculture)

This is my first experience with raising worms. All is going
wonderfully well until recently a large amount of what appear to be
white mites have appeared all over everythng. Has anyone else
experienced this and if so,what am I supposed to do?
If I could find an answer to this it would really put me on the good
side of my wife, as these worms are really hers.
Thanx.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:45 PM
Joe Sandlin

OldProf wrote:

This is my first experience with raising worms. All is going wonderfully
well until recently a large amount of what appear to be white mites have
appeared all over everythng. Has anyone else experienced this and if
so,what am I supposed to do?

Google search "critters in the bin" for a great article by Kelly Slocum on
the different creatures that can inhabit your bin. It's the first link
you see. Great forums on worms can be found at Gardenweb.com and
wormdigest.org.

From what I've read, mites aren't usually a problem. Kelly says to cut
back on melon and fruit scraps if you've been feeding them. I've found
that "visitors" just kind of come and go in my bin.

[IMG] code is On

Dog Worms: Understand Dog Worms Symptoms and Infestation brahimbb17 Gardening 0 10-12-2008 12:17 PM
Vermiculture doofy Edible Gardening 21 20-12-2007 07:32 PM
vermiculture doofy Edible Gardening 1 15-08-2007 02:17 AM
"Army Worms", "Bag Worms", ?? Chrissie Texas 0 22-06-2007 06:13 AM
Vermiculture. [email protected] Permaculture 0 29-12-2003 02:05 AM