Old 20-09-2004, 02:23 PM
Martin Magnusson

Default Indoor coffee tree

Hi all. I'm new to this group, and I hope this is the right forum for
this question.

I would like to have a large tree in my living room - something that
would grow to be around 2.5 meters high. Is this a resonable idea at
all? Do you have any good ideas of what kinds of plants would be good?

I've been thinking about growing a coffee tree. There is a large window
facing west in the room, and where the tree would be there is plenty of
afternoon sun in the summer, but not so much in the winter (I live in
Sweden). Does that seem like a good idea? How long could it take to grow
a tree from a seed?

/ martin
Old 20-09-2004, 08:13 PM
J. Del Col

Martin Magnusson wrote in message news:1095686627.ecFxGLtPuVUTdLkVWP+B7w@teranews. ..
Hi all. I'm new to this group, and I hope this is the right forum for
this question.

I would like to have a large tree in my living room - something that
would grow to be around 2.5 meters high. Is this a resonable idea at
all? Do you have any good ideas of what kinds of plants would be good?

I've been thinking about growing a coffee tree. There is a large window
facing west in the room, and where the tree would be there is plenty of
afternoon sun in the summer, but not so much in the winter (I live in
Sweden). Does that seem like a good idea? How long could it take to grow
a tree from a seed?

Coffee trees can grow well indoors, but they need fairly high
humidity. It would take many years to grow one 2.5 meters tall from
seed. They are shade-loving, but might need more sun than they'd get
in a Swedish winter.

J. Del Col
Old 20-09-2004, 08:47 PM
Martin Magnusson

J. Del Col wrote:
Coffee trees can grow well indoors, but they need fairly high
humidity.

That sounds good. Would spraying the tree with water help, or do you
think it would be better to increase the humidity some other way?

/ martin