Old 27-09-2004, 06:50 PM
Lee

Default dry cow manure

I told my children i wanted some cow manure for my birthday and got
it; loads of the dried material from the floor of ancient but still
usable barn. This material never got wet through the years and I am
wondering if it might be quite strong with uric acid???? wondering if
it needs to be put through a composting time or whether it is, being
quite aged, aleady suficiently "composted." (I had expected fresher
stuffG but thought this would be fine...)

I used some of it to make compost tea with an air pump to aeriate it
and i think it may have burned a couple of plants but then let it
keep 'working'and tried it out, diluted, on a little Tradescantia
fluminensis mouse ear that wasn't doing as well as i thought it
should, and it livened up tremendously!

do i need to compost it or is it already considered to be ok to use
as a top dressing on the garden????
thanks in advance.. leo/lee

[IMG] code is On

"cow manure & compost" really a mulch? OhioGuy Gardening 8 27-03-2009 02:54 PM
Cow Manure Question sherwindu Gardening 6 25-07-2005 06:43 AM
dry dry dry Rosie United Kingdom 0 02-04-2004 04:21 AM
Want to buy Mulch and bulk cow manure in Melbourne - advice please DeeJ Australia 0 25-10-2003 03:02 AM
Cow manure fertiliser Franz Heymann United Kingdom 43 07-10-2003 09:48 PM