GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Something I Didn't Plant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/84443-something-i-didnt-plant.html)

Pat Kiewicz 08-10-2004 10:58 AM

fran said:

I vote grackles - they bully everything.

They are native birds, fun to watch interact with each other, and they go
after the (stupidly introduced) house sparrows. Not the intellectuals crows
and jays are, but grackles are still OK in my book.

(attributed to Don Marti)

Twobtold 08-10-2004 04:18 PM

From: (Pat Kiewicz)

and they go
after the (stupidly introduced) house sparrows

Isn't that how we got the starlings (stupidly introduced)?
All of the European Starlings found today in North America -- and they number
in the 200 million range -- are descendants of approximately 100 birds
introduced in New York City's Central Park in the early 1890s. A society
dedicated to introducing into America all of the birds mentioned in the works
of Shakespeare set these birds free.

Jim Carlock 09-10-2004 03:21 AM

"William" wrote:
Liberalism is not a political orientation, it is a mental
disorder.

Liberals, when confronted with the truth, resort to the
only thing they know.....name-calling.

NOTE: Where there is choice, there is responsibility. If
you desire to select from a set of choices, you are
exercising your liberties. It is your duty to select your
choices responsibly.

You are a liberal if you can identify a brain disorder.
That is a choice. By exercising your liberties to choose,
you are a liberal.

If there are liberals what do you call a person that
is not a liberal?

The answer is DEAD. That person cannot make any
choices.

Welcome to the world of brain disorders.

Name calling is a choice. I won't say that it is a responsible
choice. Being bothered by being called a name is a choice
as well. I can't say that is a responsible manner in which to
deal with name calling either.

Ancient wisdom speaking!!! Enjoy responsibly!!!

--
Jim Carlock
Post replies to the newsgroup.