Old 04-10-2004, 11:57 PM
Brad Snow

Default Hawaian Tis won't sprout

We planted 6" Ti logs in small pots, earth kept moist, about 9/7. No
growth yet. Any ideas? Lie down in water, or...? Thanks.
Brad
Old 05-10-2004, 03:43 AM
escapee

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 22:57:20 GMT, Brad Snow
opined:

We planted 6" Ti logs in small pots, earth kept moist, about 9/7. No
growth yet. Any ideas? Lie down in water, or...? Thanks.
Brad

I have yet to ever have one sprout. I always get those from people when they go
to Hawaii. I think I'd rather have a hoola skirt.

Old 05-10-2004, 01:49 PM
escapee

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 13:08:14 +0100, Janet Baraclough..
opined:

The message
from escapee contains these words:

I have yet to ever have one sprout. I always get those from people
when they go
to Hawaii. I think I'd rather have a hoola skirt.

In my mind's eye pic of you, it just wouldn't go with your wardrobe
and home decor, V :-)

I suppose one could always turn a hula skirt into a garden
feature..dress a tree, or make a fluttering screen. Birds might nest in
it.

Janet.

You minds eye of my wardrobe and home decor is, what?

Just a question, not a challenge.

Old 12-10-2004, 09:38 PM
Brad Snow

wrote:

We planted 6" Ti logs in small pots, earth kept moist, about 9/7. No
growth yet. Any ideas? Lie down in water, or...? Thanks.
Brad

I have one of these and it sprouted but took about 3-4 weeks. It's
doing fine now. Did you scrape the wax off both ends of the log?. My
instructions said to submerge in water until the roots started to
sprout then place in soil.
Lit Ticker

Thnks, I'll try that. That's what I vaguely remember doing with the
only other Ti I grew, but that was about 33 years ago
-Brad