Old 19-10-2004, 10:22 PM
GrampysGurl

Here in lower 7A, the Thyme that was so doing so well last summer has of
course gone brown with the fall.

Any suggestions on how this should be wintered so that we can enjoy fresh
herbs next spring and summer?

FACE awaiting jokes on setting it back 1 hour on the last Saturday in
October.

Zone 5 here and I just leave it in the ground. More times then not it comes
back.
Colleen
Old 19-10-2004, 10:27 PM
GrampysGurl

"FACE" wrote in message
.. .
Here in lower 7A, the Thyme that was so doing so well last summer has of
course gone brown with the fall.

Any suggestions on how this should be wintered so that we can enjoy fresh
herbs next spring and summer?

FACE awaiting jokes on setting it back 1 hour on the last Saturday in
October.

I'm in 5/6 (Rochester NY). Common thyme laughs at winter. I have it in very
well drained soil on the East side of the house. I've been hacking at it,
shaping it, eating it and using bad language in front of it for 20 years. No
problems.

LOL!!! I for one love the look and smell of thyme.... at the old house I had
finally had it fill in nice and here now I have to start all over. It loves it
out by the pond right next to a nice big rock where it bakes all summer and
winter long.I have a four square prairie style house with large eaves.... all
herbs will be making their way to the west side of the house where it gets Full
sun most of the day and minimal water...
Colleen
Zone 5 CT
Old 21-10-2004, 02:34 PM
dps

I was growing "Summer Thyme" and made an unwarranted assumption. I
looked again at the package and it said to treat as an annual below zone
6. Mea Culpa.

gregpresley wrote:
I suspect that dps was implying that some thymes are annual in some
climates....