Old 22-10-2004, 11:03 AM
Registered User

Smile Hippobag

I had been searching the Internet for ideas on how to best get rid of my garden waste and was lucky enough to stumble across the Hippobag website. I didn't really want to fill my car up with loads of dirt and grass, so I thought about hiring a skip but after the horror stories I had heard from my friends and family I was very keen to avoid getting one.

I just had to try one. I went to my local Homebase and sure enough there in front of me was a big yellow stand full of hippobags, I purchased the midi bag. I took it home and opened it up; it was larger than I had expected - plenty of room for all my rubbish.

I phoned Hippo to arrange the collection and the lady I spoke to was very polite and helpful, she took my credit card details (the whole lot only cost about £45). They confirmed that they would collect within 5 working days.

The bag was collected in 4 days which was great, and I was lucky enough to see the lorry come and pick it up. It was a very smart looking lorry and in keeping with everything else was very very yellow! Like the lady on the call centre the driver was also very polite.

Smiling to myself thinking about the trouble I would have had should I have chosen a skip instead - I can recommend this service to anyone and everyone!
Old 07-06-2006, 05:10 PM
Registered User

Thumbs up

I couldn't agree with Saintsfc more!!! I too have used the Hippobag service and found it extremely effective. It's ideal for clearing garden rubbish and more. The skip process seems to be sooooo lengthy and in using the Hippobag you save time by not having to look for a reputable skip company. I think it works out much cheaper as well. I have used the service 3 times and company are so friendly - I have even received a newsletter from them - no other skip company compares.
Old 20-06-2006, 04:41 PM
Registered User

Smile

Hi guys

i just stumbled across your comments and am very interested in trying them out as I am helping my mum shift some stuff next weekend and they would be ideal to get rid of some of her garden rubbish. Where can I get some more info? Am I likely to be able to buy one in the Manchester area?

Thank you, Katsie
Old 20-06-2006, 05:12 PM
Registered User

Hi Katsie, just to let you know that all the information you need can be found at www.hippobag.co.uk I'm not sure whether they are available in Manchester but the website has a stockist search that you can use for your area. I hope this helps. I think they are available in most big DIY stores.

I hope this helps you! Joy