Old 06-11-2004, 03:32 PM
mrnn209

Default weeds

Does anyone have a simple solution for bishop's weed?
Old 06-11-2004, 04:29 PM
Pam - gardengal

"mrnn209" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone have a simple solution for bishop's weed?

Bishop's weed as in Aegopodium podograria? A rather aggressive deciduous
groundcover in shade, it spreads by underground stolons. Digging up may only
exacerbate the problem as it seems to regenerate easily from bits and pieces
of stem and roots. Best treated with a broad spectrum herbicide in early
spring as new growth emerges - older growth develops a tough leaf cuticle
that is resistant to herbicide applications.

pam - gardengal

Old 06-11-2004, 04:32 PM
Cereus-validus.

Use lots and lots of elbow grease while pulling it out!!!

http://images.google.com/images?q=Ae...oogle%2BSearch

"mrnn209" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone have a simple solution for bishop's weed?

Old 07-11-2004, 08:24 AM
gregpresley

MOVE!
"mrnn209" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone have a simple solution for bishop's weed?

Old 08-11-2004, 03:35 PM
mrnn209

"Pam - gardengal" wrote in message news:2_6jd.53073$HA.28579@attbi_s01...
"mrnn209" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone have a simple solution for bishop's weed?

Bishop's weed as in Aegopodium podograria? A rather aggressive deciduous
groundcover in shade, it spreads by underground stolons. Digging up may only
exacerbate the problem as it seems to regenerate easily from bits and pieces
of stem and roots. Best treated with a broad spectrum herbicide in early
spring as new growth emerges - older growth develops a tough leaf cuticle
that is resistant to herbicide applications.

pam - gardengal

You are suggesting RoundUp in the spring? I tried waiting until the
plants were older;they were easier to pull out. Apparently if I don't
get every tiny bit I'm doomed.

[IMG] code is On

I need advice on this difficulty. Weeds weeds weeds. Miss Perspicacia Tick United Kingdom 12 18-07-2005 09:45 PM
Use Weeds Killer to Keep Weeds Out of My Flower Garden? Jay Chan Gardening 56 18-07-2004 06:02 AM
Use Weeds Killer to Keep Weeds Out of My Flower Garden? possibly OT Salty Thumb Gardening 0 22-06-2004 11:04 PM
weeds? Pam Gardening 16 25-03-2003 03:20 PM
Weeds...Weeds...Weeds J. Farnsworth Wallaby Gardening 4 14-03-2003 11:09 PM