Old 08-11-2004, 11:35 AM
IntarsiaCo

Default Rove speaks to Granny and Ratgurl during victory lap on NBC

MR. RUSSERT: Towards the end of the campaign, the president reaffirmed his
opposition to gay marriage, but said he was open to civil unions. Would he
support federal legislation to honor and respect civil unions with gay couples?

MR. ROVE: Well, my understanding is is that he was referring to civil
relationships defined at a state level. He clearly believes that states have
the right to define such things as the right to visitation in the hospital or
inheritance rights or benefit rights. Those ought to be up to states. But he
does believe very fervently that 5,000 years of human history should not be
overthrown by the acts of a few liberal judges or by the acts of a few local
elected officials. Marriage is and should be defined as being between one man
and one woman.

MR. RUSSERT: But no federal law for civil unions?

MR. ROVE: He believes that the definition of relationships ought to be left up
to the states and that proper protections can be put in place for the right to
visit in the hospital or the right to inherit or other legal contractual
questions like that.

Pass the marshmallows.

Old 08-11-2004, 03:48 PM

better take a closer look at what marriage was really for during those 5K years...
starting with "for procreation" (BTW, that is the definition in China). So nobody
should get married that dont want children, and menopausal women shouldnt marry
either, nor barren ones.
for most of those 5K years marriage was simply the transfer of ownership of women
from father to husband. women and children were chattel no more than slaves.
oh, and let us not forget polygamy.
Ingrid

But he does believe very fervently that 5,000 years of human history should not be
overthrown by the acts of a few liberal judges or by the acts of a few local
elected officials. Marriage is and should be defined as being between one man
and one woman.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:23 PM
IntarsiaCo

marriage was simply the transfer of ownership of women
from father to husband. women and children were chattel no more than slaves.

oh, and let us not forget polygamy.

Maybe in your tribal clan. Some of us are civilized.

So nobody
should get married that dont want children,

Is that english?
Old 08-11-2004, 08:38 PM
IntarsiaCo

"King David and King Solomon led merry, merry lives,
With many, many lady friends and many, many wives...."

"The first bond of society is marriage."

Old 09-11-2004, 10:15 AM
Ann

Salty Thumb expounded:

"The first rule of government is kill anyone who doesn't agree with you."

Which is exactly what will happen once the terrorists win.

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA
Old 09-11-2004, 05:22 PM
J. Del Col

Ann wrote in message . ..
Salty Thumb expounded:

"The first rule of government is kill anyone who doesn't agree with you."

Which is exactly what will happen once the terrorists win.

But surely, Howdy Dubya will smite them with the Lord's righteousness, won't he?

J. Del Col
Old 10-11-2004, 04:10 AM
Salty Thumb

Ann wrote in news:2561p0lbdru4kai8tfrnemv8iqq1bdajti@
4ax.com:

Salty Thumb expounded:

"The first rule of government is kill anyone who doesn't agree with you."

Which is exactly what will happen once the terrorists win.

In that case the "terrorists" have already "won". You are just looking at
the wrong scoreboard.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:49 PM
Vox Humana

"J. Del Col" wrote in message
m...
Ann wrote in message

. ..
Salty Thumb expounded:

"The first rule of government is kill anyone who doesn't agree with

you."

Which is exactly what will happen once the terrorists win.

But surely, Howdy Dubya will smite them with the Lord's righteousness,

won't he?

I think that's were the trouble starts. I have no problem with people
believing that their god will smite me. I say let god do his/her own work.

[IMG] code is On

What Is The Difference Between Gastric Bypass Surgery And Lap BandSurgery? man with honour Gardening 1 23-10-2008 07:55 PM
EXCLUSIVE: THE KING HAS NO BALLS -- Why Ed Conrad vs. Karl Rove Debate on CNN Was Shit-Canned Ed Conrad Ponds 0 21-09-2007 02:02 PM
KARL ROVE IS A MURDERER midia Orchids 0 21-06-2004 10:03 AM
BUSH'S POODLES: CNN, FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS, TIME, NEWSWEEK, ETC...: !!!!!!! WHAT THE HELL'S THE MATTER z Gardening 0 22-05-2004 12:02 PM