Old 29-11-2004, 05:14 AM
Romy Beeck

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Romy Beeck" wrote in message

Well....we have 6 months of winter here (Rochester NY), although many
residents drink themselves into oblivion until they imagine it's only 2
months of winter. So, when it finally warms up, I take my vegetable

garden
VERY seriously. Nobody, not even Bambi, messes with my vegetable
garden.
:-)
Besides, I finally have a source of fresh juniper berries growing on my
property. Do you know how well juniper goes with venison?

My friend put a radar sprinkling system in it got rid of all the

deer.Most
hardware stores sell them...Hope i could help you

Actually, I may put one of those near the corner of my property where some
of the neighborhood slobs let their dogs crap. When it's 34 degrees, I
suspect a nice cold shower will be very educational.

No garden plants grow in the winter anyway.My friend who put the sprinkler
in said it ended his deer problem

Old 29-11-2004, 10:09 AM
Ann

"madgardener" expounded:

how did you manage to open it? I can't seem to unzip it......

Depends on your browser, I think. I'm using Mozilla 1.7.3 and it asks
me what I want to do, open the zip or save it to my desktop. Maybe if
you save it (right click on it and select "Save target as" and save it
to your desktop you can open it with Winzip and play it from there.
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA
Old 29-11-2004, 02:09 PM
Doug Kanter

"B & J" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Gary" wrote in message
om...
"Romy Beeck" wrote in message

The .30 cal sounds great, but some of us live in what's known as
"neighborhoods". :-) The cops get annoyed if we want to shoot things
outside
the house. Now, this raises a question. Since an intruder INSIDE the

house
may be legally dispatched, how does one get a deer to come in the house?
What's their version of Fritos?

Be careful for what you wish. You really don't want a deer in your house.
Neighbors had a relatively small buck jump through a plate glass window

into
their living room. Before it was subdued and ousted by the local volunteer
fire department, it wrecked the entire room. The people didn't even coax

it
into the area with shelled corn, which is a common enticement that local
idiots feed so they can view the "beasts" close up.

John

Yeah...I know. I was just dreaming up a scene from a bad movie, probably
starring Chevy Chase as the guy who invites the deer into the living room.
:-)

Old 29-11-2004, 09:48 PM

you need to have winzip installed. Ingrid

"madgardener" wrote:

how did you manage to open it? I can't seem to unzip it......
maddie
"Ann" wrote in message
.. .
zxcvbob expounded:

You need an attack squirrel:

http://tinyurl.com/5lhdu (zipped video link)

Yowsa! That's one territorial squirrel! G
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 29-11-2004, 10:47 PM
Holly

Ann wrote in message . ..
"madgardener" expounded:

how did you manage to open it? I can't seem to unzip it......

Depends on your browser, I think. I'm using Mozilla 1.7.3 and it asks
me what I want to do, open the zip or save it to my desktop. Maybe if
you save it (right click on it and select "Save target as" and save it
to your desktop you can open it with Winzip and play it from there.

Thanks for your help - I have finally managed to view the video -
unfortunaltely we don't have any squirrels where we live. I have
tried hair from the vacuum cleaner as I understand they don't like
human hair. I also tried spraying but that does mean regular
attention. I wondered about a wire on the ground which triggered a
noise to scare them - is there anything similar on the market? Don't
want ugly fencing near the house.

Old 30-11-2004, 09:00 AM
Holly

"Romy Beeck" wrote in message ...

Well....we have 6 months of winter here (Rochester NY), although many
residents drink themselves into oblivion until they imagine it's only 2
months of winter. So, when it finally warms up, I take my vegetable garden
VERY seriously. Nobody, not even Bambi, messes with my vegetable garden.
:-)
Besides, I finally have a source of fresh juniper berries growing on my
property. Do you know how well juniper goes with venison?

My friend put a radar sprinkling system in it got rid of all the deer.Most
hardware stores sell them...Hope i could help you

How does a radar sprinkling system work. Is there an online site where
I can buy one - I live in the Highlands of Scotland and have no nearby
stores.
Old 30-11-2004, 11:10 AM
Doug Kanter

"Holly" wrote in message
om...
Ann wrote in message

. ..
"madgardener" expounded:

how did you manage to open it? I can't seem to unzip it......

Depends on your browser, I think. I'm using Mozilla 1.7.3 and it asks
me what I want to do, open the zip or save it to my desktop. Maybe if
you save it (right click on it and select "Save target as" and save it
to your desktop you can open it with Winzip and play it from there.

Thanks for your help - I have finally managed to view the video -
unfortunaltely we don't have any squirrels where we live. I have
tried hair from the vacuum cleaner as I understand they don't like
human hair. I also tried spraying but that does mean regular
attention. I wondered about a wire on the ground which triggered a
noise to scare them - is there anything similar on the market? Don't
want ugly fencing near the house.

First, try hanging cloth bags or stockings full of smelly deodorant bar soap
around the garden. Works best if shredded like cheese. My friend had success
with Irish Spring, if you have that brand there. He had a bunch of young
apple trees which were being nibbled by deer. He ran out of soap while
hanging the stockings, leaving 2 trees unprotected for a few days until he
could get to the store for more soap. The "treated" trees were left alone,
while the unprotected ones were still nibbled. Not 100% scientific, but it
worked (and still works) for him.

As far as ugly fencing, you might consider an electric fence. The wires can
be mounted on wooden posts which aren't ugly. Use a timer to shut the system
off at certain times of day, or you're concerned about people being tingled.

Old 01-12-2004, 02:49 AM
Romy Beeck

"Holly" wrote in message
om...
"Romy Beeck" wrote in message

Well....we have 6 months of winter here (Rochester NY), although many
residents drink themselves into oblivion until they imagine it's only 2
months of winter. So, when it finally warms up, I take my vegetable
garden
VERY seriously. Nobody, not even Bambi, messes with my vegetable
garden.
:-)
Besides, I finally have a source of fresh juniper berries growing on my
property. Do you know how well juniper goes with venison?

My friend put a radar sprinkling system in it got rid of all the
deer.Most
hardware stores sell them...Hope i could help you

How does a radar sprinkling system work. Is there an online site where
I can buy one - I live in the Highlands of Scotland and have no nearby
stores.

It is call (scarcrow motion activated sprinkler) cost= 56.95

You can call 1-866-yardiac

I just found it on Google search

Hope this helps you...

Old 01-12-2004, 04:41 PM
Holly

"Romy Beeck" wrote in message ...
"Holly" wrote in message
om...
"Romy Beeck" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks for your help. I might consider that but my only concern is my
cats and directing it so that they can still get in the cat flap.
Difficult trying to allow some animals in and trying to keep others
out.

[IMG] code is On

Deer fence kayk Gardening 17 31-03-2003 11:08 PM
Deer damage especially severe JohnF North Carolina 1 30-03-2003 02:08 AM
AD: Handy fencing tool for tightening/ maintaining wire fences, trellis wires, deer stand wires, et C&C Fencing Supply sci.agriculture 0 06-02-2003 01:45 AM
AD: Versatile product for tightening fences, deer stand guide wires, grape vine trellis', etc - Jak C&C Fencing Supply Lawns 0 06-02-2003 01:35 AM
geranium macrorrhizum or pulmonaria in my deer-ridden, clay-filled backyard? Maggie Gardening 0 04-02-2003 03:37 PM