Old 17-12-2004, 05:46 AM
sherwindu

Default Bulbs jumped the gun

Planted some tulip and hyacinth bulbs beginning of October here in the
Chicago area. The weather has been somewhat mild until now, and I am
concerned because
these bulbs have sent up shoots (a inch or so high). Will this early
action in any way
harm the bulbs and is there anything to be done about it?

Sherwin D.

Old 17-12-2004, 10:28 AM
Cereus-validus...

Write letters to your senators and congressmen complaining about it. Write
your local television stations complaining about the weathermen putting bad
juju on your garden and try to get them all fired.

*************************

You are another one not very observant. The plants do that every year
without any ill affect. So just learn to live with it and stop being such a
crybaby.

Old 17-12-2004, 04:17 PM
Joe

"Cereus-validus..." wrote in message
Write letters to your senators and congressmen complaining about it. Write
your local television stations complaining about the weathermen putting

bad
juju on your garden and try to get them all fired.

*************************

You are another one not very observant. The plants do that every year
without any ill affect. So just learn to live with it and stop being such

crybaby.

Don't mind this idiot troll. Your bulbs are fine. They won't sprout
without a good cold dormancy period first.

Old 17-12-2004, 05:40 PM
Vox Humana

"sherwindu" wrote in message
Planted some tulip and hyacinth bulbs beginning of October here in the
Chicago area. The weather has been somewhat mild until now, and I am
concerned because
these bulbs have sent up shoots (a inch or so high). Will this early
action in any way
harm the bulbs and is there anything to be done about it?

They will be just fine. There is nothing you can do about it.

Old 17-12-2004, 07:30 PM
Cereus-validus...

The idiot troll is you Joe Blough. You've never answered anybody's question
here. You only want to throw stone at anybody smarter than you, which
happens to be everyone else. Even my dead cat is smarter than you.

All you know about bulbs is what was posted in the replies before you
decided to darken this thread.

Old 17-12-2004, 08:57 PM

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 05:46:05 GMT, sherwindu
wrote:

Planted some tulip and hyacinth bulbs beginning of October here in the
Chicago area. The weather has been somewhat mild until now, and I am
concerned because
these bulbs have sent up shoots (a inch or so high). Will this early
action in any way
harm the bulbs and is there anything to be done about it?

Don't worry about it. For me grape hyacinths and daffodils always
show some growth in the fall. The should be fine in the spring.

Swyck
Old 17-12-2004, 10:19 PM
Joe

"you are not very observant" "you are not very observant" nyah nyah nyah,
prattle prattle rant rant

Old 18-12-2004, 03:07 AM
Cereus-validus...

Thank You.

Now we have a second on Joe being a dimwit.

All in favor say "aye".

The motion passes unanimously!!!!

"escape" wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 16:17:43 GMT, "Joe" opined:

"Cereus-validus..." wrote in message
. ..
Write letters to your senators and congressmen complaining about it.
Write
your local television stations complaining about the weathermen putting

bad
juju on your garden and try to get them all fired.

*************************

You are another one not very observant. The plants do that every year
without any ill affect. So just learn to live with it and stop being
such

crybaby.

Don't mind this idiot troll. Your bulbs are fine. They won't sprout
without a good cold dormancy period first.

I disagree. We had very warm fall temperatures in the 70s and 80s and my
daffodils are sprouting now. Absolutely no chill period at all.

Old 18-12-2004, 11:59 AM
Cereus-validus...

That's funny. That's exactly what everyone has been saying to you, fart
boy!!!! If you want to be a dimwit expect to be treated like one.

So what exactly qualifies a garden newbie like you to decide that the "bulbs
jumped the gun"? Nothing.

Your original posting was supremely idiotic and shows a total lack of
understanding of even the basics of the plants. Stop asking stupid
questions. The plants do this every year and have so for millions of years.
So just sit back and observe and don't demand to change their very nature of
being as if there is something wrong with it. You are in no position to
judge anything.

Old 18-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Joe

"Cereus-validus..." wrote in message
That's funny. That's exactly what everyone has been saying to you, fart
boy!!!! If you want to be a dimwit expect to be treated like one.

So what exactly qualifies a garden newbie like you to decide that the

"bulbs
jumped the gun"? Nothing.

Your original posting was supremely idiotic and shows a total lack of
understanding of even the basics of the plants. Stop asking stupid
questions. The plants do this every year and have so for millions of

years.
So just sit back and observe and don't demand to change their very nature

of
being as if there is something wrong with it. You are in no position to
judge anything.

There's a group just for you called "alt.child.molestors". Take your
trolling over that way.

Old 18-12-2004, 10:48 PM
Cereus-validus...

Hey Joe Bob, its amazing. You are listed on that website.

You are also the king of the internet bores.

Old 19-12-2004, 07:40 AM
sherwindu

For your information, I am not a novice gardener. Been doing it for years.
However, in the past 15 years I have been planting bulbs here, I have never had
them pop up at the beginning of the winter. To me, this was an unusual event.
Maybe it happens to other people, but I never experienced it. I thought my
question
was perfectly legitimate.

Funny you use the term 'everyone' saying these things to me. If you look at the
thread, you are the only big mouth sounding off. Do you try and get your kicks
by
trying to prove your superiority to the world. I say you have one big complex.
suggest you look for the nearest pyschiatrist. You have got a big problem. And

please, don't respond to this as I have wasted enough of my time on you already.

Sherwin D.

Old 19-12-2004, 12:46 PM
Cereus-validus...

Lighten up, Schwindu. You are wound up so tight you are going to give
yourself an aneurism by New Year's day.

You don't want me to respond to your bellicose babblings? Too bad if I'm
cutting into your time drooling at the senior center, you Geritol grouch!!!!

Nobody gives a flying fig how long you have been puttering around in the
garden yet still remain clueless. Maybe its just that your Alzheimer's is
getting to you and exacerbating your raging inferiority complex, you grumpy
geezer?

Old 19-12-2004, 12:50 PM
David Hill

escape wrote .........."We had very warm fall temperatures in the 70s and
80s and my daffodils are sprouting now"

I'm surprised they have taken so many years to start growing, and that you
can remember where you planted them all those years ago.

Happy Xmas
--
David Hill

www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk