Old 19-12-2004, 06:19 PM
Robert Krause

Default Cyclone Rake ??

I am thinking of purchasing a Cyclone Rake this spring.
It will attach to my Brush Hog ZT180 54 in mower.

Does anyone know anything about this company or if this product is any good?
The only way to purchase one is direct from the factory.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Bob Krause
Southwestern Michigan

Old 19-12-2004, 07:51 PM
Roy

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 13:19:10 -0500, "Robert Krause"
wrote:

===I am thinking of purchasing a Cyclone Rake this spring.
===It will attach to my Brush Hog ZT180 54 in mower.
===
===Does anyone know anything about this company or if this product is any good?
===The only way to purchase one is direct from the factory.
===
===Thanks in advance for your comments.
===
===Bob Krause
===Southwestern Michigan
===

In a few of the L & G tractor froums the CR has a lot of mixed
reports. It makes a lot of claims that it can't really claim as being
the only one to be able to do, and the price is high. A lot of folks
have had problems with fabric wear, and zippers/ velcro screwing up,
and setting it up and taking it down for storage to a lot has been a
pain in the butt...

Have you checked out the Agri Fab units?

I have a Agri Fab unit (badged Crapsman) as well as a home made vac
cart, and my home made vac cart willo suck a CR up its intake chute
in a heart beat. I can use it without having to have my mower deck
running and it will readily suck up pine straw, and pine cones and any
leaves............

CR Claim to having a superior fan impeller is a farce. My Agri Fab is
quite a few years old and have sucked up all kinds of items not
intended to go through the machine and it has yet to be torn up. I
seriously doubt your gonna arbitrarily suck up a rock of sufficient
size to tear up a blade like CR implies can happen.....and to be
honest none of them is gonna suck a brick off the
ground................Another nice thing about agri Fab is it also
shreds.yes the CR shreds to a degree, but it mainly compresses the
load by air flow........not reducing it in shape and size as a
shredder does, and this feature makes it nice for easy decay and use
in compost piles etc.

There are numerous companaies making Vac carts.......and if I had the
money I wuld probably spend it on:
#1 Trac Vac
#2 Blue Bird
#3 Agri Fab