GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Abuse Record of Cereus-Validus/Ken Anderson (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/89389-abuse-record-cereus-validus-ken-anderson.html)

Bill Oliver 03-02-2005 05:12 PM

In article .com,
Hemmaholic wrote:
CV is, by any measure, a pain in the butt at times. Once in a while
though, he does show his worth, so I say leave and let live. We don't
have to read his tiraides.

Hemmaholic

He's been helpful to me.

billo

Cereus-validus... 03-02-2005 09:55 PM

That's exactly what you do, Janet Broccoli!!!

You are describing yourself, you hateful little trollette!!!!

Cartland says: "You are not gonna kill Kenny"!!!

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

Bullying personal abuse is the hallmark of a pitifully fragile and
immature personality. Even more distasteful are posters who encourage
the continued abuse of others, by admiring, defending, excusing and
condoning a habitual bully/abuser.

Janet.

Dewitt 03-02-2005 11:29 PM

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 14:49:47 GMT, "Cereus-validus..."
wrote:

My, what a clever comeback.

You should take your act on the road.

Preferable an interstate!!!

Now that's funny.

deg

Gary 04-02-2005 02:53 AM

IMO, CV has been an appreciable contributor to this group. He knows
his gardening stuff and has a sense of humor (admittedly dark at
times!), which is more than I can say for some. I find it sad that
there are those amongst us who have become so "fragile" and that they
are so easily insulted. It reminds me of the social invalids who can't
manage to change the TV channel or just turn the damned thing off when
they see something they don't like. Rock on, CV. Damn the torpedoes
-- full speed ahead!

[email protected] 04-02-2005 03:00 AM

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 21:55:24 GMT, "Cereus-validus..."
wrote:

That's exactly what you do, Janet Broccoli!!!

You are describing yourself, you hateful little trollette!!!!

Cartland says: "You are not gonna kill Kenny"!!!

Yet he will die anyway. Good riddance I say.

Swyck

Bill Oliver 04-02-2005 04:19 AM

In article ,
Janet Baraclough wrote:

Bullying personal abuse is the hallmark of a pitifully fragile and
immature personality. Even more distasteful are posters who encourage
the continued abuse of others, by admiring, defending, excusing and
condoning a habitual bully/abuser.

Then don't consider it encouragement. Consider it exploitation. As an
adult and a professional, I have found that it is often necessary to
deal with people whose personal proclivities I find distasteful, but it
is possible to compartmentalize ones personal feelings in order to
accomplish a mission. I have had multiple successful collaborations
with people I personally detest and who detest me. We do not
socialize, but we work together for mutual benefit.

CV's habits distance him from social intercourse in this forum. We do
not know how he acts face to face; we only know his facade. Dealing
with that facade is the price of exploiting his demonstrated
expertise.

If that price is not worth the benefit for you, you can use a
killfile. If is is worth the benefit, then you pay the price. In either case
it is your choice. You have no need to interact with him if you do not
want to; you don't have to read a word he writes.

In time, his facade may change. That would make interactions
with him more pleasant, but it is not necessary.

billo

Cereus-validus... 04-02-2005 05:30 AM

Whoa Bilbo,

That was intense. Do you write instructions for assembling electronic
equipment or do you just enjoy reading Roget's thesaurus recreationally?

Yes, basically there are quite a few know-nothings out there with
unjustified huge egos and who are easily offended when they are outed for
the phonies they truly are. If they ask a stupid question, they should be
ashamed of themselves not self-righteous or argumentative over it. If they
are too lazy to look it up themselves, they should be treated like the
selfish spoiled children they really are. This isn't special education for
autistic gardening wannabes. If they think everybody else is here for their
personal entertainment, we certainly are within our right to turn the tables
on them!

At least none of those spoiled brats we encounter here are running the
country, we can only hope.

Cereus-validus... 04-02-2005 03:22 PM

At least I'm not a limey troll interloper like you, Broccoli.

You have to go out of your way and cross the Atlantic just to crash this
party.

You aren't even registered to have a vote in this country, yet alone impose
your twisted point of view on this group.

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from (Bill Oliver) contains these words:

In article ,
Janet Baraclough wrote:

Bullying personal abuse is the hallmark of a pitifully fragile and
immature personality. Even more distasteful are posters who encourage
the continued abuse of others, by admiring, defending, excusing and
condoning a habitual bully/abuser.

Then don't consider it encouragement. Consider it exploitation.

My objection is that his targets are exploited by those of his
audience who get a laugh/vicarious thrill out of watching others get the
treatment.

CV's habits distance him from social intercourse in this forum. We do
not know how he acts face to face; we only know his facade. Dealing
with that facade is the price of exploiting his demonstrated
expertise.

If that price is not worth the benefit for you, you can use a
killfile.

I do :-)

If is is worth the benefit, then you pay the price.

My objection is to those who are happy to benefit while others pay
the price.

Janet

Joe 04-02-2005 04:42 PM

"Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
IMO, CV has been an appreciable contributor to this group. He knows
his gardening stuff and has a sense of humor (admittedly dark at
times!), which is more than I can say for some. I find it sad that
there are those amongst us who have become so "fragile" and that they
are so easily insulted. It reminds me of the social invalids who can't
manage to change the TV channel or just turn the damned thing off when
they see something they don't like. Rock on, CV. Damn the torpedoes
-- full speed ahead!

He belongs over in alt.troll

enigma 04-02-2005 05:50 PM

"Joe" wrote in

He belongs over in alt.troll

no, he does not. you need to read the definition of 'troll'. CV
is most decidedly NOT a troll. you, OTOH, are getting
dangerously close.
lee

enigma 04-02-2005 05:55 PM

"Cereus-validus..." wrote in
:
This isn't special education for autistic gardening
wannabes.

hey! i'm an autistic gardener... i'm not sure i like being
compaired to those people :p
lee

Cereus-validus..... 04-02-2005 06:44 PM

Joe Bob crossed that line long ago.

Just look up "troll" and you will find his picture!!!

Too bad his picture isn't on milk cartons instead.

. ..

Tom Jaszewski 04-02-2005 08:06 PM

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 04:19:12 -0000, (Bill Oliver)
wrote:

CV's habits distance him from social intercourse in this forum. We do
not know how he acts face to face; we only know his facade. Dealing
with that facade is the price of exploiting his demonstrated
expertise.

Nah if you ever go to a cactus convention you'll find his online
persona is pretty much the same, Steven is consistent and near genius
for his cactus and succulent knowledge.

But thanks for the insights into your ass hole personality and
arrogance.

dps 04-02-2005 08:59 PM

Hey! it's working.

All the flames are generating warmer weather here in Massachusetts. 40F
and up for the next few days!

Keep up the good(?) work.