Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2005, 05:13 PM
Walter R.

Default Did I waste my fertilizer?

I live in Southern California. Our rainy season is in
January/February/March. That's it.

Since there was a forecast for rain next week, I put about 500 lbs of
fertilizer on shrubs and lawns. This is the granulated stuff, 21-15-8.

Now they cancelled the rain and there is no rain in sight for 3 weeks.

The fertilizer granules just sit there and slowly disintegrate.

Does granulated fertilizer become ineffective if it is not watered into the
soil for three weeks?

--

Walter
The Happy Iconoclast www.rationality.net

[IMG] code is On

Did I get compost or did I get ripped off? [email protected] Gardening 10 08-11-2005 09:01 PM
when did Bonita fear between all the hens? We can't solve pickles unless Raoul will strongly waste afterwards Ronnie United Kingdom 0 23-07-2005 11:22 AM
waste pipe exxos United Kingdom 14 27-02-2003 07:11 AM
The next lawn mower that you buy might contain recycled NUCLEAR WASTE, thanks to The NRC and Corpora NuclearNightmare Lawns 0 10-02-2003 07:18 PM
waste & productivity Gavin alt.forestry 9 13-11-2002 11:41 AM