Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2005, 04:35 AM
RWL

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 08:52:57 -0500, "Non-Starter"
wrote:

"luriko" wrote in message
Anybody own one or have any advise?

Mantis was the first to produce these mini-tillers that I was aware
of. Since they apparently were the first to market, they have a
pretty good following. I have one that's about 10 years old, but it's
harder to start than my other 2 cycle engines - but it's an old
carbeurator without the priming bulb, so that may have something to do
with it.

Consumer Reports just did a review of mini-tillers. IIRC Honda was
the one they liked the best. Mantis came in in the middle of the
pack. I didn't read the article carefully since I'm not currently
shopping for one, but I think the features they liked about the Honda
were that it was a little heavier so it tilled easier, was eaiser to
start, and didn't require mixing gas and oil.

RWL

******* Remove NOSPAM to reply *******