Old 16-02-2005, 08:21 AM
Cartman

Default Who can identify some of these cacti?

Here at this page
http://members.cox.net/cactactactus
Thanks.
Old 16-02-2005, 09:40 AM
Cereus-validus.....

That's a good question.

Where did you get these pigs in a poke?

Too many nondescript seedling plants and plants without flowers to make even
good guesses.

You will need a real plant identification psychic to come up with decent
names for most of them.

Old 17-02-2005, 01:54 AM
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereus-validus.....

"Cartman" wrote in message
Here at this page
http://members.cox.net/cactactactus
Thanks.

Hi Cartman,

You might be able to find a psychic or two here.
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/cacti/

Newt
__________________
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.
Old 18-02-2005, 07:22 AM
John Gotts

[I've omitted it.hobby.piante.cactus because it's likely to be a non-English
newsgroup.]

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:21:02 GMT, Cartman wrote:

http://members.cox.net/cactactactus

I agree that many will be difficult to ID, especially the young specimens and
the specimens not currently in flower or too immature to flower.

You will be able to get a few ID's on GardenWeb, though:

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/cactigal/

My contribution would be that Opuntia 04 looks like ficus-indica, but I could
be wrong.

Good luck!

--
John GOTTS http://linuxsavvy.com/staff/jgotts
Old 18-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Cereus-validus.....

Oh yeah!!!

Lame guesses from the peanut gallery on GardenWeb should be a barrel of
laughs!!!!

If you were smart, you'd ask the experts in the Cacti etc mailing list
instead.

http://www2.labs.agilent.com/bot/cactus_home