Old 21-02-2005, 03:02 AM
Jack Gray

Default Lawn pests (moles an gophers)

I live in the country and have a large yard with 50 or more gopher
mounds in it. Have tried the poisen bait pellets with no luck and no
luck with the traps either. Anybody know a good way to keep those
things out of my yard? Thanks in advance

jack

Old 21-02-2005, 05:16 AM
Warren

Jack Gray wrote:
I live in the country and have a large yard with 50 or more gopher
mounds in it. Have tried the poisen bait pellets with no luck and no
luck with the traps either. Anybody know a good way to keep those
things out of my yard? Thanks in advance

Funny, but I think they were wondering the same about you!

The best way to keep them out of your yard is to move someplace where
they aren't.

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.
Get ready for spring with Black & Decker landscaping tools:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blac...ker/index.html

Old 21-02-2005, 03:59 PM
Frank Logullo

"Jack Gray" wrote in message
I live in the country and have a large yard with 50 or more gopher
mounds in it. Have tried the poisen bait pellets with no luck and no
luck with the traps either. Anybody know a good way to keep those
things out of my yard? Thanks in advance

Years since I had a mole problem and poison pellets did not work until I
found one with phosphides in it.
I think that under ground in tunnels, dampness generates phosphine gas which
is a deadly poison. I have not seen a mole since I used it.
Frank

Old 22-02-2005, 02:29 PM
Mikael

Terriers and some other breeds of small dogs are ferocious gopher getters.
Also try keeping the soil very wet, it's difficult for them to tunnel in wet
soil.Earth Vibrators, stakes that when implanted in the ground send out
small shock waves that frighten away burrowing mammals. Moth Balls or Flakes
put into the holes help repel them.
Got these ideas from the book, " Total Critter Control" by Don Sedgwick
I have seen friends make a home made Earth Vibrators by driving 2 steel
stakes in the ground and hooking a extension cord to them, but I believe
that would be dangerous or not work, I don't know.

"Jack Gray" wrote in message
I live in the country and have a large yard with 50 or more gopher
mounds in it. Have tried the poisen bait pellets with no luck and no
luck with the traps either. Anybody know a good way to keep those
things out of my yard? Thanks in advance

jack

[IMG] code is On

Garden Pests - How To Get Rid Of Garden Pests And Keep Your GardenHealthy! fryedaddy Gardening 4 01-02-2008 05:01 AM
Moles/gophers heading my way - how to stop? Ook Gardening 39 29-04-2007 07:06 AM
lawn gophers Adam Russell Lawns 2 22-07-2004 11:02 PM
moles or gophers? VB Lawns 2 25-08-2003 11:02 AM
gophers Lacreta Gardening 3 31-03-2003 05:32 AM