Old 23-02-2005, 09:29 PM

Default Recommended Loppers - they're the best

Fiskars 96256935 Small PowerGear Lopper is well worth checking out,
very useful tool for all sorts of purposes. Selling at a big discount
at Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...itcomsforev-20

Old 23-02-2005, 09:57 PM
Travis

Fiskars 96256935 Small PowerGear Lopper is well worth checking out,
very useful tool for all sorts of purposes. Selling at a big
discount at Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...itcomsforev-20

I bought on of those dumb ass lopers at Costco and it broke.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5
Old 24-02-2005, 12:15 AM

Buy the felcos, or find some coronas, something without plastic working
parts.

BTW are you a paid shill for amazon?

Old 24-02-2005, 01:05 AM
Warren

Buy the felcos, or find some coronas, something without plastic
working
parts.

BTW are you a paid shill for amazon?

The link he or she gave has an Associates Program ID in it. If you
follow that link, and buy those loppers, he or she will earn 7.5%.
You'll also set a 24-hour cookie that will give them a 5% referral fee
on anything else you add to your cart within that 24 hour period, unless
you follow another Associate's link.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I have many of these kinds of links on
my website, and I put a link to my personal website in my signature. On
some occasions, I've put links to specific products in my posts in
response to someone else's question -- but don't search for
opportunities to do so.

Disclosure out of the way, I think it's very poor netiquette to start a
thread for the purpose of getting people to click directly on an
affiliate link. That kind of placement of links is frowned upon by most
affiliate programs as well.

The real kicker in this is that the good price at the Amazon site isn't
from Amazon, but from an Amazon partner. It's also possible that the
poster has something to do with the merchant who's actually selling the
loppers.

At any rate, it's pretty obvious that their post was nothing more than
an unsolicited advertisement that they will gain from commercially. Or
more concisely, spam.

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.
Find the best books about gardening in the Pacific NW:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/nwgarden/index.html

Old 26-02-2005, 06:24 PM
Wes Wilson

Warren wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Hi Warren & All - Many thanks to you Warren - for this interesting and
very worthwhile 'FYI' - ! - Wes/MO

Old 28-02-2005, 04:33 AM

Travis wrote:
wrote:
Fiskars 96256935 Small PowerGear Lopper is well worth checking out,
very useful tool for all sorts of purposes. Selling at a big
discount at Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...itcomsforev-20

I bought one of those dumb ass loppers at Costco and it broke.

--

Doesn't surprise me at all. Costco, Home Depot and Lowes all sell junk
that breaks down. Need a good lopper? Try some of the more expensive

http://www.frostproof.com/catalog/ht05.html

such as a Felco. Handiest lopper I ever bought was from Brookstone. It
had a tungsten carbide tipped blade and ratchet action. Too bad the
spring broke. This could easily handle 2" thick hardwood branches.