Old 12-03-2005, 11:26 PM
Shirley Hill

Default geranium leaves are red

Does anyone know why some of my geranium leaves are bright red? For the last
two winters I have had them in an unheated conservatory where they have been
fine, apart from the red leaves, which seems to gradually spread over the
whole plant and those nearby. Perhaps it is rust? They flower and seem to
thrive through the season once the warm weather arrives.

Old 13-03-2005, 08:12 PM
Derryl Killan

"Cereus-validus....." wrote in
om:

Its the same reason why tree leaves change color in the autumn.

"Shirley Hill" wrote in message
Does anyone know why some of my geranium leaves are bright red? For
the last
two winters I have had them in an unheated conservatory where they
have been
fine, apart from the red leaves, which seems to gradually spread over
the whole plant and those nearby. Perhaps it is rust? They flower and
seem to thrive through the season once the warm weather arrives.

Hi

Geraniums with red leaves have a shortage of Phospherus. Feed them with
plant starter 10-50-10.

Derryl