Old 16-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Road Runner

Default Yellow Leaves

Hi All,
I wonder if someone can advise me as to why the leaves on my hibiscus are
turning yellow?
I thought at first they were getting too much water so we cut back on the
watering. Then we thought it might be in need of fertilizer, so I stepped
up on the feeding. It is in a location that gets lots of sun and in the
past it has done very well. I just don't know what to try next.
Thanks for any help. Sandy

Old 16-03-2005, 03:16 PM
Cereus-validus.....

The leaves usually turn yellow just before they drop off!!!

With spring comes new foliage.

Last year's foliage will be sacrificed by the plant..........with extreme
prejudice!!!

m...

Old 17-03-2005, 01:19 PM
Hemmaholic

Cereus has a point; it is natural for older, mature leaves to turn
yellow and then fall off. The problem arises when it is new foliage
doing this.

Spider mite and scale can also be the cause for yellowed foliage and
premature leaf drop.

As can fluctuating temperatures.

Maintain even moisture at the roots, although an occasional drying out
does not hurt them (as long as they don't wilt) and don't
over-fertilize as too much can result in loss of bloom (but lush
foliage).

If insects are the problem, use an insecticidal soap following package
directions. As a preventative as well as control, you can also use
Bayer 3 in 1 for Roses. Follow package directions to the letter on
this one!

Hemma