Old 28-04-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Mint, oak trees, & roundup

When I moved into my house last summer, there was a small corner of
mint. This spring, my entire backyard is covered with the stuff!
There's way too much to dig out by hand.

Looking at old posts, it looks like Roundup might be the best bet. But
I have 2 big old oak trees back there, and their roots are through the
backyard as well. Will the Roundup kill the trees? If so, what else
can I do?

Thank you!

Sarah

Old 29-04-2005, 08:37 AM
David Hare-Scott

wrote in message
oups.com...
When I moved into my house last summer, there was a small corner of
mint. This spring, my entire backyard is covered with the stuff!
There's way too much to dig out by hand.

Looking at old posts, it looks like Roundup might be the best bet. But
I have 2 big old oak trees back there, and their roots are through the
backyard as well. Will the Roundup kill the trees? If so, what else
can I do?

Thank you!

Sarah

Mow it then roll in it.