Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-05-2005, 08:05 PM
TheGreatWarrior

Default Peeled Tree Bark and Protection?

Hello! I live in Ohio state, and I have a red Japanese Maple which is
about 11 feet tall, and part of the tree bark has been peeled off. It
is a thin, long stretch peel off, from close to ground, and extend
about 1 feet long with a width of 2 inches.

Some of maple tree branch has been completely dead, no new buds for
over a year, while majority still growing in good health. I am thinking
a way to protect my maple tree, especially the exposed part after the
bark peel off. My idea is either to pain it with white primer, or
water-based latex paint; or, get some adhesive tape to cover the
exposed tree trunk.

Should I even need something like a tree sealant to kill all the
potential molds and diseases? Is this sealant all that I need to spray
on the exposed trunk and avoid all the troubles of painting and
adhesive tapes ?

Just worry the expose tree trunk will become an ideal bed for diseases,
mold, or insects! Any feedback is appreciated!

[IMG] code is On

Snake bark maple - dead bark kay United Kingdom 8 24-05-2010 09:32 AM
olive tree protection for winter jay jay Australia 1 07-10-2004 11:57 PM
Spots on bark of elm tree and dogwood tree Janice Gardening 2 28-06-2004 01:02 AM
tree protection Dave United Kingdom 0 29-07-2003 12:06 AM
fruit tree protection - bee/lady beetle traps gopackers Gardening 2 29-05-2003 03:08 PM