Old 25-05-2005, 02:52 AM
Airkings

Default Took down tree, how to plant grass?

I had a big old tree taken down, and the stump ground to just below ground
level. Now there's a "hole" in the grass about 10' in diameter (They did a
nice job getting a lot of the roots too). I've scraped out a lot of the junk
left over, and its now about a 4" depression. I'm starting to fill that with
black dirt. What's next?

Do I need to wait for the black dirt to "settle" before planting the grass
seed?
Should I compact the black dirt?
Should the dirt be level with the existing ground, or should I raise it a
bit in case it settles?
Its kind of hard to tell what level to bring the dirt to.

Any help appreciated!

--
x-no-archive: yes

Dave