Old 25-05-2005, 02:52 PM
Bro Jack

Default Is it May 25, or Mar. 25?

Mid-Atlantic, Zone 7, 49 degrees F at 9:45 am.

The good news is that the weeds aren't growing.

The bad news is neither are the corn and tomatoes.

If this is global warming, I don't wanna see the Ice Age.

BroJack

Old 25-05-2005, 05:29 PM
madgardener

Actually, William, you hit the nail right on the head. And now scientists
are finding out that this is actually a normal occurance with this planet
from core samples they've been taking and studying. And another nice little
bit of information....apparently the whole planet turns or shifts and the
poles and magnetic centers rearrange. If I understand correctly, it's like
the North pole isn't north, South pole isn't south, the Equator shifts.
Things like that. And it happens apparently on a cycle of around 10,000
years or so. (I tend to watch way too much Nova, Discovery science and what
not when Squire is home). Modern day man forgets that the records of
climate and natural occurances aren't nearly as complete or well kept as
they are now.

And did you see that global warming happens without our help? (we're
actually making things worse, but the volcano's do more than their share of
the damage and climatic changes)

That's my take on the subject, and last night we got down to 48o here in
Eastern Tennessee, the heat kicked on yesterday when the high's didn't reach
further than 65o which is comfortable, but there was a northeastern wind
gusting all day that made it FEEL colder.........I found myself putting on a
shirt instead of my sleeveless attire, the cargo shorts were almost too
little, and my poor middle aged toes protested the sandles until I put my
socks and shoes back on. HOWEVER, I DID get some well needed whacking and
pulling out of Vinca major and Creeping Charlie that was getting outa
control because the temperatures weren't horrendous.

Makes me wonder if these temperatures shift if we'll get colder faster?
When I called Dutch Gardens last week, one of the phone people told me it
was going to be 28o in Vermont!! WOW!

What's the weather like out in Denver right now? I remember late, wet snows
in Springtime..........

madgardener up on the ridge, back in a still chilly Fairy Holler,
overlooking English Mountain which looks all fresh and green, in Eastern
Tennessee zone 7, Sunset zone 36

"William Wagner" wrote in
... In

,
(Bro Jack) wrote Mid-Atlantic, Zone 7, 49
degrees F at 9:45 am.

The good news is that the weeds aren't growing.

The bad news is neither are the corn and tomatoes.

If this is global warming, I don't wanna see the Ice Age.

BroJack

Hi BroJack

I understand it to be like this scenario:

Global heat melts global ice which releases fresh water into the salty
oceans which lowers the salt content which inhibits the ocean to retain
solar gain which yields lower temperatures.

Probably wrong.

More knowledgeable folks reside here
http://www.whrc.org/

Garden in shade Zone 5 S Jersey USA

Old 26-05-2005, 03:09 AM

Bro Jack wrote:
Mid-Atlantic, Zone 7, 49 degrees F at 9:45 am.

The good news is that the weeds aren't growing.

The bad news is neither are the corn and tomatoes.

If this is global warming, I don't wanna see the Ice Age.

BroJack,

You don't live far enough south. Come to Florida. We hit 96 the other
day.

Patrick

Old 27-05-2005, 01:03 PM
JC

Mid-Atlantic, Zone 7, 49 degrees F at 9:45 am.
The good news is that the weeds aren't growing.
The bad news is neither are the corn and tomatoes.
If this is global warming, I don't wanna see the Ice Age.

BroJack,

X-No-Archive:yes
Some sun here in Central CT this morning. Coldest May in 40 years here
- below 50 degrees all week, occaisional rain and strong winds - our
'Noreaster' lasted from Monday thru Thursday.

You don't live far enough south. Come to Florida. We hit 96 the other
day.

Patrick

I've already lived there and moved back home to New England - you
didn't mention the bugs, snakes, hurricanes, traffic, crowds etc.

Old 27-05-2005, 01:43 PM
enigma

"JC" wrote in
ups.com:

Mid-Atlantic, Zone 7, 49 degrees F at 9:45 am.
The good news is that the weeds aren't growing.
The bad news is neither are the corn and tomatoes.
If this is global warming, I don't wanna see the Ice Age.

NH zone5 (with some 6 pockets): rainy & below 45 all week and
MY weeds are growing just fine. too bad nothing else is!
actually it's up to 53 F at 8:39am. this morning. whoo. heat
wave
i have to go check damage to our dam. the board top broke &
part of the cement washed out. it's a mostly rock & earthen
dam though so it's fairly easily repairable...
lee
Old 27-05-2005, 06:58 PM
Jim Tiberio

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..
"JC" wrote in
ups.com:

Mid-Atlantic, Zone 7, 49 degrees F at 9:45 am.
The good news is that the weeds aren't growing.
The bad news is neither are the corn and tomatoes.
If this is global warming, I don't wanna see the Ice Age.

NH zone5 (with some 6 pockets): rainy & below 45 all week and
MY weeds are growing just fine. too bad nothing else is!
actually it's up to 53 F at 8:39am. this morning. whoo. heat
wave
i have to go check damage to our dam. the board top broke &
part of the cement washed out. it's a mostly rock & earthen
dam though so it's fairly easily repairable...
lee

Same here, this weather doesn't seem to be bothering the damn weeds!

[IMG] code is On

[IBC] Bonsai Chat Mar 8 Jim Bonsai 0 07-03-2004 04:21 PM
[IBC] Bonsai Chat Mar 31 Jim Bonsai 0 30-03-2003 05:44 PM
[IBC] Bonsai Chat Mar 17 Jim Bonsai 0 16-03-2003 04:44 PM
[IBC] Bonsai Chat Mar 11 Jim Bonsai 0 09-03-2003 03:33 PM
[IBC] Bonsai Chat Mar 3 Jim Bonsai 0 01-03-2003 04:06 PM