Old 02-06-2005, 03:25 AM

Default tibetan cherry trees

greetings, anyone know where in virginia or maryland one could purchase
some tibetan cherry trees? having a difficult time finding them.

thanks!

Old 02-06-2005, 07:19 AM
presley

are you sure they are called tibetan cherries? In your area, coastal
virginia, I would expect either taiwan cherries, or yoshino cherries to be
the flowering cherry trees of choice.
ups.com...

Old 02-06-2005, 11:00 AM

yes, prunus serrula. we appreciate the bark as well as it's vertical
size.

Old 02-06-2005, 01:09 PM
David Bockman

"presley" wrote in
:

are you sure they are called tibetan cherries? In your area, coastal
virginia, I would expect either taiwan cherries, or yoshino cherries
to be the flowering cherry trees of choice.
wrote in message
ups.com...
greetings, anyone know where in virginia or maryland one could
purchase some tibetan cherry trees? having a difficult time finding
them.

thanks!

Michael Dirr says 'Very difficult to find commercially but worth seeking.'
If *he* says it's difficult to find you know you will have problems
locating it. Growit.com, which is a good source for contractors/nurserymen
for wholesale suppliers, doesn't even list it.

I note forestfarm.com has it in 5 gal. size:
http://forestfarm.com/search/closeup...lantID=prse092

email:
http://beyondgardening.com/Albums
Old 02-06-2005, 01:35 PM

david, thanks as always for your comments. it's good to have you in
the 'neighborhood' :-)

have you had success from this company shipping trees across the
country?

Old 02-06-2005, 05:07 PM
David Bockman

" wrote in
ps.com:

david, thanks as always for your comments. it's good to have you in
the 'neighborhood' :-)

have you had success from this company shipping trees across the
country?

Yes, forest farms has a great reputation. I've ordered personal stuff from
them several times, but it would never be profitable for me to use them as
a primary source for material-- their prices are pretty steep *but* the
depth of selection is really impressive.