Old 02-06-2005, 04:27 AM
PatK

Default more bunny mayhem

You can usually cut the top end of a carrot off and stick it in a bit of
water to get some fresh greens to grow, if it hasn't been trimmed too
closely before being stuck in a cello pack...
*******

Interesting project, but this trapping thing is going to begin this
evening.
*******

You ARE running a salad bar for rabbits.
You are the one not aware of it yet.
*******

"Or, my reality has been adjusted to correctness. :-)
*******

Try an apple slice - a fresh one every day. Some folks swear by them.
I use a bb gun.
*******

Also, pepper spray works for me, but you have to apply it before they
start chomping away, so their first taste is bad. Hard to break them if
they've already found something tastes good.
*******

If the vegetables and fruit fail, try stale popcorn. Yes, really, it
worked
with a rabbit which ignored the standard bait.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:30 AM
PatK

PatK wrote:
[...]

Sorry about the post. I was formulating a reply of my own when my
computer crashed.

I've found that rabbits do love broccoli and cabbage though I don't know
how they do it without floating away with intestinal gas!

Pat
Old 03-06-2005, 05:38 PM
Catty One

Lucky for me, the only thing the rabbits in my yard eat is clover and my
lawn is LOADED with it ... I used to bait the woodchuck traps w/sorrel
(sorel??) and it lured the young'uns in, but big mama was too smart ... 'til
the coyotes came (wahoo!!!)

~Catty One

Old 04-06-2005, 05:48 AM
PatK

Catty One wrote:
Lucky for me, the only thing the rabbits in my yard eat is clover and my
lawn is LOADED with it ... I used to bait the woodchuck traps w/sorrel
(sorel??) and it lured the young'uns in, but big mama was too smart ... 'til
the coyotes came (wahoo!!!)

~Catty One

The dang rabbits ate my vinca this spring. Clipped the tops right off.
I've had to replant it twice now but this time they're leaving it alone.
Too big to be tasty now. I guess you never know what they might develop
a taste for.

Pat
Old 04-06-2005, 01:37 PM
Doug Kanter

"PatK" wrote in message
Catty One wrote:
Lucky for me, the only thing the rabbits in my yard eat is clover and my
lawn is LOADED with it ... I used to bait the woodchuck traps w/sorrel
(sorel??) and it lured the young'uns in, but big mama was too smart ...
'til the coyotes came (wahoo!!!)

~Catty One

The dang rabbits ate my vinca this spring. Clipped the tops right off.
I've had to replant it twice now but this time they're leaving it alone.
Too big to be tasty now. I guess you never know what they might develop a
taste for.

Pat

Keep an eye on your broccoli leaves. I'm not sure if it's the rabbits or the
deer yet, but I may sleep out there tonight with a baseball bat and a pellet
pistol. Grrrrrrrr..........

Old 05-06-2005, 12:24 AM
PatK

Doug Kanter wrote:
"PatK" wrote in message

Catty One wrote:

Lucky for me, the only thing the rabbits in my yard eat is clover and my
lawn is LOADED with it ... I used to bait the woodchuck traps w/sorrel
(sorel??) and it lured the young'uns in, but big mama was too smart ...
'til the coyotes came (wahoo!!!)

~Catty One

The dang rabbits ate my vinca this spring. Clipped the tops right off.
I've had to replant it twice now but this time they're leaving it alone.
Too big to be tasty now. I guess you never know what they might develop a
taste for.

Pat

Keep an eye on your broccoli leaves. I'm not sure if it's the rabbits or the
deer yet, but I may sleep out there tonight with a baseball bat and a pellet
pistol. Grrrrrrrr..........

I wonder if there's a boom in rabbit production this spring because of
the cool weather we've had? G

Pat
Old 07-06-2005, 09:11 PM
Dana Schultz

my cat works great. At least if you check the play room soon after he comes
in in the morning. He likes to show off and gives them a bit of a mental
breakdown (toys with them a LOT) before he eats them. I have removed two and
three birds so far.
I know I should give him a raise as my peas and dill have not been eaten to
the ground yet!

--
Dana
www3.sympatico.ca/lostmermaid
"PatK" wrote in message
[...]

[IMG] code is On

Greenhouse mayhem Preditor United Kingdom 5 28-05-2012 02:16 PM
Oh Mr Bunny? Mr Bunny? Paging Mr Devil Bunny! Padraig Garden Photos 19 18-02-2007 10:25 PM
Bunny beaters Chaz Vincent Gardening 1 29-05-2003 03:56 PM
Pond Mayhem bobkiely Ponds 2 23-05-2003 04:20 AM
Bunny Ears Cactus Darius Khan United Kingdom 6 19-02-2003 06:14 PM