Old 02-06-2005, 03:29 PM
Merle O'Broham

Default Another mystery plant ID request

http://www.jhcp.cps.k12.il.us/mysteryplantpage.htm

These little guys get about 1' tall and make tiny white flowers at the
very top. There are about 10 or so scattered around a small area in the
shade. Should I clump them together or toss them? Nice little plants or
weeds? I'm kinda attached to them now!

Old 02-06-2005, 06:08 PM

I cant see the flowers, but if they are all concentrated at the tips pf
the plant, it is false solomons seal(Smilacina racemosa), and if they
are along the stem, it is true solomons seal(polygonatum biflorum)

Toad

Old 02-06-2005, 06:41 PM
Merle O'Broham

The flowers only lasted about 2 weeks and they were reallytiny (alas,
they are at the top only). A quick google search comes up with a ton on
false solomon's seal. I guess it's not a "weed", so it stays. Thanks
Toad.

Man, am I a PITA to this group or what? (no answer needed)